Top 5 Tips for Speedy ACL Surgery Recovery
Introduction to ACL Surgery Recovery:
Anterior Cruciate Ligament or ACL treatment is possible by arthroscopic surgery. ACL knee disorder is either because of a severe sports injury or ligament breakdown due to the accident. The proceedings of arthroscopic surgeries highly depend on the type of injury and damage to the ligaments. Not only, ACL surgery but ACL Surgery Recovery Time also can vary depending on various factors.
Sometimes, ACL Surgery Recovery is possible within a few weeks. At the same time, for the complex disorder, it takes several months to recover. However, it is possible for patients to walk and get back to other physical activities after the successful accomplishment of the recovery period.
Essential Aspects that Determine the ACL Surgery Recovery Time
Even Though the ACL Surgery Recovery Time is different for every individual, yet it is possible to define it; depending on:
- The procedure that a surgeon follows for the arthroscopic surgery.
- Length of the incision.
- Approach for the recovery.
- Pre-injury and pre-surgery conditions.
- Stability of the knee joint.
Although it takes time to recover completely, yet there are several ways that can lead you to a speedy recovery after the ACL surgery.
Following these methods, you can gain back the stability at the earliest.
Five Best Ways for Speedy ACL Surgery Recovery:
As per the latest survey result on 250 patients suffering from an ACL injury, it is possible to for 80% of the patients to resume their sports play. And, over 60 % of patients can perform with the same or better level of efficiency.
Though it is possible for almost all the patients to recover after the ACL Surgery but to reduce your ACL Surgery Recovery Time, you can take into practice the following recommendations:
It is possible to recover at the earliest by following a healthy and balanced diet. Nutrition supports the body to heal better and faster. Dieticians and Healthcare experts suggest for ACL Surgery Recovery include all the below-mentioned sustenance in your meal.
- Lean Protein: Chicken, red meat,
fish, pulses, beans etc.
- Calcium: To enhance calcium content in your body, consider the intake of dairy products including soya milk, curd, cottage cheese and others.
- Vitamin C: Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C, adding it your daily diet can be beneficial.
- Nutrient Rich Food: For prompt ACL Surgery Recovery, make sure you bid goodbye to junk food. It is essential, at least until the recovery period. Rely on homemade food free from extra oil and full of green leafy vegetables, minerals, vitamins, iron etc.
- No Caffeine: Avoid preserved foods and the caffeine content in your diet should be negligible. It is best to opt for caffeine free diet.
- Dodge Alcohol Consumption: It is endorsed not to consume alcohol, sodas and other harmful beverages.
- Avoid Smoking: Smoking is never recommended for a sportsperson. However, if you were an addict to it, avoid during the recovery period.
Your diet plays an essential role along with your medicines in minimising your ACL Surgery Recovery Pain.
Visit a Well-organized Physiotherapy Centre:
Drugs are useful in minimising your pain, but it cannot enhance the mobility of your body. If you want to fasten your ACL Surgery Recovery, you have to contemplate therapies along with medications. An experienced physiotherapist:
- Analyse the condition of your body.
- Check your age.
- Ask your routine.
- Monitor your diet and
- Observe all the essential things.
It is important to plan your exercise program and maintain your fitness.
The physiotherapist can quickly answer your question ‘When can I Walk After ACL Surgery’ precisely. If you look forward to resuming your sports practices and play regularly; you have to follow the instructions of the physiotherapist. Add all the exercises in your daily routine and do not give up in between. Practise all the physical activities for the recommended period. Correspondingly, you can observe the changes along with the significant boost in your energy levels.
Follow Post-Operative Instructions:
During your discharge, a surgeon provides you with all the necessary instructions in context to:
- Post-operative diagnosis.
- Periodic clinical visits.
- Follow-up schedule.
- ACL Recovery Rehabilitation Programme.
- Medical dosage and instructions.
The outcome of carelessness may increase ACL Surgery Recovery Time. At the same time following the instructions may speed up your body repossession.
Consult the Doctor Immediately, in Case of Complications:
The accomplishment of surgery and discharge from the hospital does not indicate the completion of treatment. If you suffer any issues after your release from the hospital, make sure you see the doctor immediately. In most of the cases, there are no problems. However, certain situations may result in post-surgical risks.
Consider visiting the hospital without delay, if:
- There is a significant increase in the temperature of your body or fever.
- Additionally, if you experience a considerable variation in your body temperature.
- Sudden increment in pain.
- If you start feeling uneasiness or unusual symptoms, call your surgeon immediately.
Avoiding the situation may lead to infection, and it certainly increases the ACL Surgery Recovery Time
Relaxation and Sleep:
If you want to restore the mobility of your body, rest is equally important as that of exercises and therapies. Take adequate sleep and do not stand for a prolonged period. Keep a balance between your physical activities and rest.
You must not consider only comforting your physical body, but mental relaxation is equally important. For that, you can practise some relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. Follow the disciplined lifestyle for the recovery period. Make a proper schedule for sleeping, work, exercises and also for your time for meals.
If you wish to reduce your ACL Surgery Recovery Time, then you have to avoid stress and anxiety. Be in a peaceful and cheerful environment.
Not to mention, It is the responsibility of the family to keep the patient away from any trauma or tensed atmosphere. After all, they are the ones around you most of the time.
ACL Surgery Recovery Time, in general, lasts for half a year. However, if your passion for sports is high, you can recover faster by following the right approach for the recovery. In the first place, it is not at all recommended to opt for extreme physical activities during your early recovery period. However, you can start with your routine sports and physical activities with time.
Furthermore, follow the right and step by step method for immediate ACL Surgery Recovery. Stay calm and act wisely. Take support from healthcare professionals, friends and family wherever and whenever required. All your efforts can undoubtedly help you to recoup your position in the playground at the latest.