The Golden Era Of Medical Tourism In India
Medical tourism in India is growing at a tremendous speed. It has been at the second position in the list of top countries that are the preference of patients across the globe to avail their treatment. This entire scenario of this industrial sector has changed in the last decade or to be more precise in the previous five years.
It is not only because of the outstanding performance of the medical professionals and facilities in the hospitals but also because of the ease of travelling and e-tourism visa regime introduced by the government of India, to offer comfort to the medical travellers.
Medical Travellers are Visiting India from Different Countries:
India is gaining popularity in medical tourism in different parts of the world. If we include the top 10 countries that serve to be the highest sources of healthcare tourism in India, it includes:
- Uzbekistan and
Most of the patients are travelling to India from these countries. However, it is not limited to these countries but to receive pocket-friendly treatment patients are travelling from Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, The US, The UK and other developed nations too.
You can say one of the essential reasons for the Growth of Medical Tourism in India is the nominal price of treatment along with the successful surgeries for the complicated health issues.
Attractions for Medical Tourism in India:
- Presence of latest and recent medical technologies.
- It is possible to treatment from highly trained professionals from the best institutes of western countries like the US and the UK.
- Reduced cost of treatment.
- Healthcare travellers receive personal attention and guidance from the top medical tourism companies available in India.
- Ease of conversation, as the language translators are present to guide you and translate the speech of the doctor to the patient and vice-versa.
- The patients receive the best hospitality in India.
- India is a land of well-facilitated hospitals with the availability in almost all the parts of India. So, the patients can travel to any city of the nation based on the convenience of the patient.
- The health of the patient is the primary concern of the medical team in India. So, a patient can avail the best quality of care before, during and after the treatment.
- A patient can apply for the medical visa and receive the approval at the earliest so that he can avail the benefits of treatment in India. The patient will not have to wait for long to get effective treatment.
The duration of a medical visa is six months, and it is enough to accomplish all types of complicated surgeries. In case you need a more extended stay in the country, it is possible to avail two months extension after precise application.
As per the survey and the results of the statistics, the medical tourism industry had a business of 3 billion US dollars in India in the year 2015. By the end of 2019, it can grow as high as 10 billion US dollars. It is all because of the satisfaction achieved by the patients during their treatment in India that it is attracting more number of healthcare travellers.