( For Best Treatment In India )
ANTERIOR CRUCIATE LIGAMENT RECONSTRUCTION ACL SURGERY COST IN INDIA
|ACL Reconstruction Surgery Price||No. of Travellers||Days in Hospital||Days Outside Hospital||Total Days in India|
- ACL or Anterior Cruciate Ligament is one of the most common orthopaedic issues found in athletes and people who play high demand games like football, soccer, basketball, hockey, cricket etc.
- Three primary bones combine to form the knee joint, i.e. shinbone, thighbone and kneecap. Kneecap is the protective layer of other bones, and ligaments further connect these joints. Severe injuries in the knee usually lead to ligament breakdown resulting in limitations in knee mobility.
- It is because the ligaments maintain stability in the knee joint. To regain the full function of your knee and legs, the patient needs to undergo ACL Reconstruction Surgery.
- It is because the treatment of regular injuries is possible by medications, therapies and other non-surgical methods. But, it is difficult to fix the complicated damages without the surgery. ACL Reconstruction Surgery helps in restoring the function of the knee and removing all possible agility issues.
ANTERIOR CRUCIATE LIGAMENT RECONSTRUCTION ACL SURGERY COST IN INDIA
ACL Reconstruction Surgery in India starts at USD 3,200, and it can be as high as USD 5,000. The cost of surgery differs due to the medical condition of the patient and the severity of the damage.
Some other factors that fluctuate the cost of ACL Reconstruction in India are:
- Choice of the hospital
- Fees of the orthopaedic surgeon
- Costs of standard tests and diagnosis
- Charges of follow-up care
- Price of medicine and drugs
- No. of days spent in the hospital
- Stay outside the hospital and choice of hotel
- Selection of room in the hospital and miscellaneous
Even, if you consider all the factors affecting the cost of treatment, the ACL Reconstruction Surgery in India is available at a highly affordable price than others. If you make the comparison, it is almost one-third the cost of treatment in the US.
What is ACL Reconstruction Surgery?
ACL Reconstruction Surgery is the surgical procedure to replace the damaged ligaments using the grafts. The grafts usually comprise of the tendons.
The surgeons usually do not consider sewing the ligaments together because the repairing of graft fails over time. So, to provide the permanent solution; an orthopaedic surgeon chooses to go for ACL reconstruction surgery. However, the choice of grafting varies depending on the condition of the patient and the severity of the damage.
Top Hospitals for ACL Reconstruction Surgery in India:
- Artemis Hospital, Gurugram.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram.
- Medanta-The Medicity, Gurugram.
You can easily avail the best quality treatment in India. If you come across any difficulties in getting the appointment with your choice of the surgeon or in getting the medical visa; you can contact Denesa Health medical tourism company.
The team of Denesa Health excels in providing right assistance and guidance to all the medical tourists to India. They serve you right from the beginning till the end of the treatment. The team of Denesa Health can help you in getting online assistance before the surgery and also for the follow-up after the surgery.
Based on grafting, there are different types of ACL Reconstruction Surgeries. Read more about the types of ACL Reconstruction Surgeries below.
Types of ACL Reconstruction Surgery:
They are two types of ACL Reconstruction Surgery based on grafting, they are:
In this method, the doctor replaces the damaged ligaments using the grafts from a deceased or dead donor. Depending on the wear and tear of ligaments, the surgeon may opt for:
The surgeon opts for allograft reconstruction surgery only when autografting is not possible.
Autograft ACL Reconstruction Surgery refers to retention of tendons from the body of the patient itself. The choice of ligament depends on the area of damage and ligament breakdown. Types of autograft tendons are:
Autograft is the first preference of orthopaedic surgeons because there are least chances of re-rupturing of the replaced ligament. Also, the chances of infection after this procedure are negligible. Another advantage of hamstring autograft ACL reconstruction surgery is that it regenerates over time, which enhances the stability of grafting.
- Allograft ACL Reconstruction Surgery:
- Allograft Patellar Tendon.
- Achilles Tendon Graft.
- Posterior Tibialis Management.
- Semitendinous Gracilis
- Autograft ACL Reconstruction Surgery:
- Quadriceps Tendon Graft.
- The Patellar Tendon Graft.
- Hamstring Tendon Graft.
Who is a Candidate for ACL Reconstruction Surgery?
A person with the following symptoms needs ACL reconstruction surgery:
- Chronic knee pain
- Swelling in the knee joint after the injury
- Instability in knee and problem with knee movements
- If you hear or feel pop sounds from the knee in the transition from one position to another.
The Procedure for ACL Reconstruction Surgery
Before beginning with the surgical procedure, diagnosis of the patient is a must. So, the first step for ACL Reconstruction Surgery is Test and Diagnosis.
The in-depth diagnosis of the patient involves the following proceedings:
After the complete diagnosis, the orthopaedic surgeons begins with the surgical procedure based on test results.
The patient needs to stay in the hospital for 5 to 7 days for a complete analysis of the situation by the medical team. The team guides you on all do’s and don’ts. You have to follow the guidance at home even after discharge.
Make sure you maintain hygiene and keep the incision area clean or else it may lead to infection. Wear a knee brace for a minimum duration of two to four weeks. Physical rehabilitation is essential to gain back the stability and improve the functionality of the knee joint.
The recovery duration can be about four to six months. The patient may also need crutches along with braces to recover after the surgery.
- Test and Diagnosis:
- First thing first, the doctor starts with a physical examination. Here, he moves the leg with an injured knee in various positions, to check if there is any hindrance with the mobility.
- Another important test for detection of ligament damage is a pivot shift test. It helps to determine the instability of the knee joint. If the test results reveal a subluxation of 20 to 40 degrees, the ACL is damaged.
- The doctors opt for anterior drawer test after the pivot shift test. It helps to know if there is any crucial ligament rupture. Lachman test is also performed in critical cases. It helps in governing mobility issues. It precisely tests and reveals an endpoint that locks the movement of the knee.
- If the above tests fail in giving the clarity of the situation of the patient, the doctors recommend X-Ray, MRI and other routine tests. It helps determine if there is any fracture and locate exact damaged tendon or ligament.
- Surgical Procedure:
- The surgeon makes small incisions in the damaged knee. He may make two or more incisions, depending on the condition of the patient.
- Now, he inserts an arthroscope through one of the incisions; to see the inner condition of the knee with clarity.
- In the next step, the doctor puts in a surgical drill and makes small holes in femur and the tibia.
- The graft is now held in place and attached using screws, staples or plugs.
- Once the doctor fixes all the damages, he closes the incisions with the help of staples or stitches.
- Post-Surgical Care:
Who is Not Fit For ACL Reconstruction Surgery?
Doctors may not consider surgery on a patient with high diabetes, as there exist significant risk. A person is unfit for the surgery if he has other organ disorders like lung, heart or kidney failure. The surgeons may not proceed with surgery if patients have other chronic diseases; as it may prove to be fatal.
Recovery from ACL surgery is difficult for obese patients so that the healthcare practitioner may suggest weight loss before the surgery. Also, the patient needs to avoid smoking, drinking and follow the balanced diet before the surgery.
In short, the surgeon will analyse your complete medical history before deciding if you are a candidate for the surgical procedure or not.
Complications of ACL Reconstruction Surgery:
Although ACL Reconstruction Surgery is unbeaten in 99% of the cases, there can be few complications. As it is a surgical procedure, you can never be 100% sure. Some common difficulties after the surgery can be:
- Constant knee pain.
- Loss of blood.
- Formation of blood clots.
- Transmission of diseases, in case of allograft surgery.
- Failure in healing, if your body rejects the graft.
- Issues in gaining back mobility.
These are the most common risks that can affect any patient. However, kids with ACL injuries have the chance of growth plate injuries. The result of growth plate injuries is usually shortened bones.
The doctor may delay the surgery in case of kids until the complete growth of bone or till growth plates are wholly developed.
In case you want to ensure your safety, you must consider the top orthopaedic surgeon for the operation. It will reduce the chances of complications. If your prognosis results reflect ACL complications and doctors recommend surgery, you can visit India for the treatment. The country hosts some of the top orthopaedic surgeons with 100 % success rates. Along with that, the cost of ACL Reconstruction Surgery in India is very economical.
Top Doctors for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction ACL Surgery
Orthopaedics Replacement,Joint Replacement
27 years of experience , Gurugram
22 years of experience , Gurugram
Musculoskeletal Disorders and Orthopaedics
45 years of experience , Gurugram
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.