( For Best Treatment In India )
BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT COST IN INDIA
Estimate Cost of BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT in India
|Bone Marrow Transplant Price||No. of Travellers||Days in Hospital||Days Outside Hospital||Total Days in India|
|Starting 17000 USD||2||30||60||90|
Cost of Different Types of Bone-Marrow Transplant
|Autologous Bone-Marrow Transplant||Allogeneic Bone-Marrow Transplant|
|Starting 17,000 - 20,000 USD||Starting 25,000 - 28,000 USD|
( 5481.6 Indian Rupees )
20 USD * Days
Near Hospital, 2 Beds, Air-Conditioned, Attached Bathroom, TV, FREE Wi-Fi and Breakfast.
Kitchen for Self-Cooking.
( 4385.38 Indian Rupees )
8 USD * 2 person * Days
( 1644.48 Indian Rupees )
3 USD * 2 person * Days
( 11237.28 Indian Rupees )
5% of all the above expenses. Usually covers - Medicines, unknown expenses, near by sight seeing etc.
Approximate Total Cost For
Bone Marrow Transplant in India
( Indian Rupees.)
- Bone-Marrow is a soft, fatty and spongy tissue in your bones. It is responsible for producing blood cells. Bone-Marrow is accountable for producing around 200 billion new red blood cells each day along with the white blood cells. Therefore, bone-marrow is a necessary tissue for living. Any diseases associated with blood that includes leukaemia or lymphoma, anaemia, aplastic or other genetic disorders like sickle-cell condition calls for a Bone-Marrow Transplant for survival.
- The reason for the same is that this category of diseases stops the bone marrow either from producing the required number of red blood cells or converting the stem cells into essential cells. Talking about the practical possibilities of survival in both cases are very less. As per the survey, almost 17,500 people in the US alone; require a bone-marrow transplant. Hence, we can imagine the number of people suffering from that across the world.
BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT COST
Alike, all other organ transplants in India, the cost of bone-marrow operation in India is a way too less in comparison to any other developed country. However, there is a variation in the price of Autologous Bone-marrow Transplant and the cost of Allogeneic Bone-Marrow Transplant in India. For the autologous BMT, the starting cost is USD 17,000, which is one-eighth of the starting cost of the treatment in the USA. Though there is no fixed charge for BMT. It is variable and based upon the disease, the person is suffering from and also the physical or medical well-being of the person. Now, if you want to consider the cost of Allogeneic BMT, the treatment starts at the expense of USD 25,000 in India. It is also variable based on the number of days a patient is suggested to stay after the completion of the surgical procedure. In case of infection or side-effects, it might take longer than usual 60 days that a patient is expected to be around. Also, the cost of allogeneic BMT is higher than the Autologous BMT due to the involvement of post-treatment suppressing drugs.
If you are looking for your Bone-Marrow Transplant at a highly affordable price, then India should be your first choice. There is no other country which is offering the treatment at such a lower price. The cost of Bone-Marrow Transplant in India is inclusive of all things that count:
- Tests and Diagnosis.
- Process of Bone-Marrow Transplants.
- Drugs and Medication.
- Food and
MORE ABOUT BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT
What is Bone-Marrow Transplant?
A medical procedure that is carried out to replace the existing bone-marrow that has been damaged either by diseases, chemotherapy or infection with the help of new stem cells received by a donor is known as Bone-Marrow Transplant.
The transplanted blood stem cells then travel to the existing bone-marrow and help in producing the new blood cells that are helpful in the expected growth of the marrow.
Bone-Marrow is a vital part of the body as it is responsible for the production of
- Platelets that carry out the formation of clots in the body.
- White Blood cells responsible for fighting the infection.
- Most importantly, the Red Blood Cells that make the flow of oxygen and nutrients possible in the body.
Your body requires healthy stem cells to function correctly. In case of any damage, the surgeon can receive healthy stem cells from a donor, or they can take it from your own body. These stem cells are preserved and harvested so that they can multiply before starting the process of chemotherapy or radiation treatment. The surgeon makes use of the stored cells for transplantation.
Overview of Bone-Marrow Transplant in India:
India has been dealing in Bone-Marrow Transplant since 2009 it was held successfully at TATA Memorial Hospital, India. Back in 2009, there were only 885 registered donors for the Bone-Marrow Transplant, talking about the scenario in 2015, there were 25,000 plus donors Marrow Donor Registry of India (MDRI). The increased number of donors enabled the Bone-Marrow Transplant in India between two unrelated people. The first one took place in the year 2014 for the patient who was suffering from Leukaemia, and the other one was carried out successfully in the year 2015 for a person suffering from Thalassemia.
The ratio of matching the donor samples in India is much higher in comparison to other developed countries that deal in Bone-Marrow Transplantation. It was possible for India to make full ten matches with a base of 25000, converting it in the ratio of 1:1000-3000 which is far less in comparison to other countries that have a ratio of 1:20,000.
The success rate for Bone-marrow Transplants in India has made it a choice for most of the people to choose India as their medical tourism country when it is about bone-marrow transplant.
What Do You Need to Know About Bone-Marrow Transplant?
When the marrow of the person is not in proper functioning, then it becomes imperative to go for bone-Marrow Transplant. Some of the common conditions that call for Bone-Marrow Transplant are chronic infections, certain diseases, cancer treatments, issues associated with blood etc. Talking about the reasons of Bone-Marrow Transplant in detail, the most important ones are:
- Aplastic Anaemia: A disorder in which the bone marrow stops are making new blood cells.
- Cancer: Some of the diseases like Leukemia, multiple myeloma and Lymphoma dramatically affect the functioning of the bone marrow.
- Chemotherapy: A person undergoing chemotherapy for a prolonged time often faces the breakdown of the Bone-Marrow.
- Sickle-Cell Anaemia: It is a type of inherited blood disorder which leads to the mishappening of red blood cells.
- Congenital Neutropenia: This type of inherited disease is responsible for the recurrence of infection.
- Thalassemia: In such type of inherited blood disorder, the body makes a difference somewhat abnormal form of haemoglobin. It is not acceptable being a vital part of the red blood cells.
All such kind of conditions calls for the Bone-Marrow Transplant.
Who can Choose to Undergo Bone-Marrow Transplantation?
Well, there are various factors on which the bone-marrow transplant is hugely dependent. It is a type of disease, age of the patient, type of transplantation and a lot more. So, to undergo the Bone-Marrow Transplant in India, one must be physically free from any other kind of chronic disease. The most important factor which decides whether or not a person can undergo the bone-marrow transplant is the donor; not everyone can get the perfect match for a bone-marrow transfer. If the match is not proper, the BMT cannot take place.
Also, before undergoing the bone-marrow transplant, a person must be well aware that there are various kinds of risks involved in undertaking the operation.
What are the Risks Associated with Bone-Marrow Transplant?
It is crucial to choose the right place and right medical professional for taking up with a bone-marrow transplant as it is a very critical medical procedure. It is the reason most of the patients across the globe choose India for medical tourism if it is about bone-marrow transplantation.
Some of the common risks involved with bone-marrow transplantation are a headache, low blood pressure, nausea, chronic pain, chills, fever and shortness of breath. Though, there is nothing to panic about as these symptoms are short-lived and are easily recoverable within some time. Also, it is not necessary that anyone undergoing a bone-marrow transplant has to face such kind of problems necessarily. These risk factors can be observed depending upon the overall health condition of the patient, age of the patient, disease or infection for which the patient is treated and above all the type of bone-marrow transplantation. If the doctor does not perform bone-marrow transplantation correctly, there can be significant complications, and it includes:
- Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD): The condition in which the blood cells of the donor attacks your body.
- Failure of Graft: In this condition, the transplanted blood cells fail to produce the new cells as per the planning and requirement.
- Bleeding: It is not specific in any particular part and may vary from one person to another as per their response and treatment. Most of the time, the bleeding starts from lungs and brain.
- Cataract: It refers to clouding in front of your eye lens.
- Menopause: In the case of females, the bone-marrow transplant often leads to the early menopause, which can be a severe cause for infertility in most of the cases.
- Mucositis: Mucositis is the health condition in which the inflammation occurs in mouth, throat and stomach.
In spite of knowing the complications, it is vital to weigh the benefits of bone-marrow transplantation. There are different complications that you might have to face before, during and after the treatment procedure is carried out. Also, you will get to know the type of bone-marrow transplant referred to your condition.
Types of Bone-Marrow Transplant:
As the reason for Bone-Marrow Transplant is not specific and requires the transplantation due to various health problems. So, the solution and procedure cannot be similar. For the treatment of different diseases and damage to Bone-Marrow, there are two types of Bone-Marrow Transplant. They are:
- Autologous Transplant:
- Allogeneic Transplants:
The term auto refers to self. As the name suggests, Autologous refers to the kind of treatment in which the stem cells of the person are used to accomplish the transplantation process. The surgeon removes the stem cells of the person who is looking forward to undergoing the process of Bone-Marrow Transplantation. These cells are preserved and harvested before performing damage therapy on the patient. After the successful removal of the stem cells, the doctor begins with damage therapies like chemotherapy or radiation. The surgeon puts back the stem cells in your body after the accomplishment of the surgery.
The Autologous Bone-Marrow transplantation is feasible only when the person undergoing the bone marrow transplantation has a healthy bone marrow.
Allogeneic Transplants are not possible with the help of own cells of the body; in this case, the transplantation is possible only with the help of the stem cells from the donor. The donor for the bone-marrow transplant must be a close genetic relative. However, a close relative is the first or the best choice for Allogeneic bone-marrow transplant, but in case there is no such possibility then the treatment can be done by finding a suitable donor. The donor can be found out in a donor-registry. The chances of having a donor out of the registry get very rare as the probability of perfect match reduces, but that does not mean it is not at all possible. Few lucky patients can retrieve the ideal match from the donor bank.
Allogeneic Transplants become essential when the bone marrow is completely damaged, and there exists no choice of using the stem cells from your own body. In this type of transplant, there are higher chances of complications. The person may suffer from a different kind of infections, side-effect, GVHD and many other consequences that are not involved in the case of Allogeneic Transplants. It is essential for the patient to take medicines for a significant duration if he undertakes Allogeneic Bone-Marrow Transplantation. Medications suppress the functioning of the immune system of the body so that the body can accept the new stem-cells without spreading any infection.
There are chances that the body attacks the newly transferred stem cells in case of ignorance. The consequences can lead to chronic illness. The success of Allogeneic Bone-Marrow Transplants highly depends upon the closeness of the match. If the donor and receiver stem cells match very carefully, then there are higher chances of success, and there is the least risk or side-effects involved in Allogeneic Bone-Marrow Transplant.
The success rate for Autologous Bone-Marrow transplant in India is nearly 96% whereas that of the Allogeneic Bone-Marrow Transplants is 90% where there is a close sibling donor match. The success rate for Bone-Marrow Transplant is higher than that of any other developed country in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions About BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT
How is the Bone-Marrow Transplantation carried out?
Bone-Marrow Transplant and blood transfusion are almost similar. The procedure may vary a bit keeping in mind if it is an Analogous Bone-Marrow Transplantation or the Allogeneic
- Procedure for Analogous Bone-Marrow Transplantation:
- Procedure for Allogeneic Bone-Marrow Transplantation:
- Through Needle:
- The upper right portion of your chest is installed with a particular type of needle which is often referred to as the port or central venous catheter.
- The fluid containing the new blood cells is made to enter the body with the help of this port.
- The fluid containing stem blood cells directly flows to your heart from where it can disperse in the entire body of the patient.
- Now the stem-cells start flowing all through your blood and reaches the bone-marrow too.
- The stem-cells now get established into the bone-marrow and start to grow or multiply.
For this kind of transplantation, the stem cells are taken from the stem cell bank where the stem cells of the donor is been preserved for harvesting.
In this kind of bone-marrow transplantation, the stem cells are taken from the body of the donor a day or two prior to that of transplantation.
There exist two different ways in which the stem-cells are being retrieved from the body:
Using this type of process for removal of stem cells, the person is first put under the anaesthetic effect so that there is no sense of pain. Using the needle the stem cells are being removed from both the hip-bones.
If it is not possible to retrieve the stem cells using the above method then the medical professionals are forced to follow this procedure. In this condition the patient is given five shots which leads to the moving of stem-cells from bone-marrow to the bloodstream. Now, the blood is drawn out of the body with the help of intravenous lines from where the stem-cells are separated with the help of a machine. The machine precisely moves out the white blood cells that contain stem cells.
Once the stem cells are been collected, then the patient is put to actual transplantation process. The treatment procedure follows up in the following manner:
The bone-marrow transplant can never be completed in a matter of few hours or a single day just like other types of organ transplants. Bone-marrow transplantation can be completed in the multiple sessions that are carried out regularly for few days or a week depending on the situation of the patient. So, the port is not removed from its position but it remains in place. The process is taken up slowly so that the stem-cells can adjust in the body properly and they get the proper time to multiply. The process of insertion of stem-cells in the body and its multiplication is referred to as engraftment.
This port is not only responsible to carry out the insertion of stem-cells in the body but also make the transfer of liquids, blood transfusion, medication and other important things possible in the body. The medications and supplements are given in order to help the stem cells grow in your bone-marrow. It helps to stop the infection and accomplish the transplantation process properly within your body without much side-effects or complications.
Bone marrow transplant attracts several health travellers to India due to varied reasons. It is not carried out in a single hospital but at numerous multi-speciality hospitals in India that makes it possible for more and more patients to be treated effectively for bone-marrow transplantation in India.
Top 5 Hospitals Responsible For Bone-Marrow Transplant in India:
Bone-Marrow Transplant in India does not give a single benefit to its patients but is profitable in all the ways. No matter what is the perspective of the patient. It may be cost, infrastructure, availability of best medical teams, accommodation, use of technology, follow-up or any other thing India stands out with flying colours in all the ways. Now, if it is about choice of city or hospital, bone-marrow transplant in India is carried out in almost all the developed cities of India including Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune,Chennai, Gurugram etc. To provide the ease of choice for medical tourists for Bone-marrow Transplant in India, the list of top five hospitals for bone-marrow transplant is mentioned below:
- Medanta-The Medicity, Gurugram.
- Fortis, Noida.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram.
- BLK Super-speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai.
All the hospitals have their own speciality and serving with first-rate consumer satisfaction. So, you can make your choice as per your convenience, choice of city or availability of doctor at your preferred time for treatment.
How to Plan Medical Tourism to India for Bone-Marrow Transplant?
Being from different parts of the world it can be difficult for a patient to make the right choice for bone-marrow transplant in India. However, there is no need to worry about. To provide the proper assistance to health travellers to India Denesa Health is always on its toes. They will help you with:
- Knowing about the best hospitals serving with high success rates in India.
- Connecting the foreign patients personally with the health professionals online for consultation. Making the travel arrangements.
- Helping the patients to get the visa without much difficulty and also the extension of medical visa whenever and wherever required. Travelling from airport to the hospital.
- Making proper arrangements for you and your family nearby hospitals.
In short, Denesa Health is your 24x7 medical tourism partner in India until you are done with your Bone-Marrow Transplantation in India.
If you have any kind of issues or your bone-marrow is not in proper function you can choose India for the transplantation process. India is working effectively in the discipline over past 10 years and have a successful record of serving the national and international patients. Above all you do not have to worry about travelling to a foreign country as long as you have Denesa Health Medical Tourism Company to provide you with assistance whenever and wherever required.
Top Hospitals for Bone Marrow Transplant
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.