BRAIN CANCER COST IN INDIA
- Treatment Cost
- Treatment Specification
- Top Doctors
- Top Hospitals
- Patient Testimonials
BRAIN CANCER COST IN INDIA
Brain Cancer Treatment Price
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total Days in India
The brain usually comprises of a specific type of cells, and transformation in the natural characteristic of a brain cell may lead to growth and multiplication of the abnormal cells.
These abnormal cells may either travel to the brain from other parts of the body or may originate in the brain.
The condition often can lead to the disorder known as brain cancer.
BRAIN CANCER COST IN INDIA
The starting cost of brain cancer is USD 5,000. However, it can go as high as USD 13,000 depending on the condition of the patient. The factors deciding the cost of brain cancer treatment are:
- Type of cancer
- Stage of cancer
- Type of treatment
- Choice of hospital
- Preference of surgeon and
What is Brain Cancer?
Brain cancer refers to the growth of abnormal cells in the brain that interferes with the brain as well as body functions. The most common disorders due to brain cancer are a failure of effective muscle control, loss of sensation, memory issues, abnormality in body functions and much more.
The causes of brain cancer can vary from one person to another, and it is not a very common form of illness. 5% of brain cancer originates as a result of hereditary problems while some others arise due to genetic disorders like tuberous sclerosis, neurofibromatosis etc.
Brain cancer is usually divided into different grades based on the growth rate of the cells, the appearance of the cell through a microscope and also the nature of the cells. The cells can either be benign or aggressive. Brain cancer usually divides into four grades
- Grade I: It is a benign tumour with least chances of growth and multiplication.
- Grade II: It is also benign cancer where the abnormal cells grow and multiply at a faster rate.
- Grade III: Here, the person suffering from the malignant or cancerous tumour, but the cancerous cells remain limited to a place
- Class IV: Grade IV cancer is due to a malignant neoplasm, where the cancer cells multiply as well as travel to other sections of the brain.
All the grades of brain cancer account for different stages of the disease and also calls for separate proceedings for treatment.
Who is a Candidate for Brain Cancer Treatment?
Brain Cancer has varied symptoms for different patients. It may always not show any specific signs. It is possible to detect cancer with the help of tests and diagnosis. However, if a candidate suffers from the following symptoms, he must check with an oncologist immediately.
- Altered mental status, there may be variations in alertness, attention and also difficulty with memory
- Vision disorders
- Speech difficulties and
- Changes in emotional response
If the diagnosis reports after visiting the doctor reveal brain cancer in the patient, they must seek their opinion for the treatment.
The oncologist will guide for the treatment depending on various stages of cancer. In case the patient has some complicated issue, or the disease affects some crucial spot of the brain, oncologists may seek an opinion from neurosurgeon too. The medical team will comprise of specialists and subspecialists to treat the patient in such conditions.
The Procedure for Brain Cancer Treatment:
Treatment of brain cancer is usually a very complicated procedure. It may involve several diagnostic procedures and consult with more than one oncologists.
- The medical team for the treatment of brain cancer patient comprises a neurosurgeon, oncologist, general physician, radiation therapist, physiotherapist, dietician, nurses etc.
- Oncologist chooses on a type of treatment depending on the size of the tumour, target area, age of the patient, type of cancer and much more.
- All the procedures start with giving general anaesthesia to the patient.
- It is possible to treat some instances by using either chemotherapy or radiation therapy, but in some cases, the oncologists make use of combined therapies.
- The purpose of brain cancer surgery is to remove the signs and symptoms of the tumour seen during the diagnosis and to end the presence of a tumour.
- If by the end of the treatment, oncologists cannot remove the tumour, they perform yet another test to identify the type of cancer.
- Most of the time, it is possible to cure benign tumours completely, but malignant tumours can be a problem to eradicate cancer.
- In such cases, further assistance from neurosurgeon can help to retain relief from the situation.
- It may not be possible to remove cancer in one sitting and make require more than one surgical procedures.
Treatment of cancer is not always a surgical procedure. The oncologists may use radiation therapy to treat patients who cannot undergo surgery.
The best part of radiation therapy is that it strikes only the targeted abnormal cells and do not make any difference to healthy cells.
After the Surgery:
Recovery from brain cancer may take time varying from a few months to one year. The patient may have to undergo radiation therapy even after the surgery to kill the remaining tumour cells.
Also, taking medicines is a must. However, along with medication, the patient must take regular follow up from the doctors.
It is essential to check that the medicine does not lead to any side-effects in the patients as the treatment and medications can also lead to severe complications in the patient.
Risks After Brain Cancer Treatment:
The brain is an essential part of the human body as it has complete control over actions and reactions. Any damage to the healthy cells in the brain while destroying the cancerous cells can lead to complicated conditions and side-effects.
If the patient does not suffer any complexities during the treatment or in the recovery time, there can be long term complications.
Some of the common risks are:
- Loss of speech
- Hearing disorders
- Memory problems
- Inability to respond precisely and
- There can be a problem with other senses too.
If you are planning to visit India for brain cancer treatment, you can contact Denesa Health Medical Tourism company in India. They will help you out in availing the best as well as a successful surgery in India.
They will make all the arrangements right from providing you assistance in getting the medical visa, helping in getting the treatment from the best oncologists, appointment in a top hospital, getting the approximate treatment cost and with follow-up too.
In short, the team will help you with every possible thing so that you do not face any issues during your medical tourism in India.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT BRAIN CANCER
Question 1: What is the cost for Brain Cancer Treatment in India?
Answer: The cost of Brain Cancer Treatment in India ranges from USD 5,000 to USD 13,000. It is the minimum possible price for the treatment across the globe. The variation in the price of cancer is because of:
- The type of brain cancer
- Procedure of treatment
- Charges of the treatment centre
- Fees of the surgeon and the medical team
- Diagnosis cost, and
- Price for medicine.
Question 2: What is the difference between brain tumour and brain cancer?
Answer: The abnormal growth of cells in the brain is called a brain tumour. It is either benign or malignant in nature. The benign tumours are not cancerous. On the contrary, malignant tumours keep on multiplying and spreading to different parts of the body.
The malignant tumours are referred to as brain cancer. Brain cancers are usually more serious than brain tumours. Until and unless the benign brain tumours do not press the nearby brain tissue, it is not a severe condition.
Question 3: What is the success rate of brain cancer surgery in India?
Answer: The answer to this question is variable and cannot be precise. It is because every individual responds separately to a treatment procedure. However, if the surgery is under the top oncologists of India, the procedure can have a success rate of around 85 to 99%.
The surgeons in India possess the experience of several years and also decide on the personalised procedure of treatment after effective evaluation. Also, you receive the post-recovery care after the surgery in India. So, the chances of success of brain cancer surgery improve to a great extent.
Question 4: What is the life expectancy of a person suffering from brain cancer without the treatment?
Answer: A person suffering from brain cancer might live for one year after the diagnosis or die within a few months. There is no assurance of survival if a person is suffering from brain cancer, and does not undergo a treatment procedure.
The survival of the sufferer depends on:
- Nature of tumour cells
- Stage of cancer
- Overall medical and physical health of the patient
- Immunity of the sufferer, and
- The speed at which the cells spread in different organs of the body
Question 5: Who is the best doctor for the treatment of brain cancer in India?
Answer: Dr Vinod Raina is one of the top surgeons in India for brain cancer treatment. He has the experience of more than 35 years and has not come across any surgical failures in the last two decades. Presently, he is working with Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram. He continues to serve both national and international patients successfully using his skills and experience.
Top Hospitals for Brain Cancer
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1996
Fortis came into existence since 1996 and has been known for its excellence in healthcare early since its inception. It is a multi-speciality hospital that offers its services in India as well as abroad with specialisation in more than 55 medical ..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2009
- Medanta The Medcity situated in the heart of the one of the most modernised and developed city of Gurugram in India. The hospital was inaugurated in the year 2009 by one of the most famous cardiac surgeons Dr Naresh Trehan, who had been pra..[Read More]
New Delhi, India
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1959
BLK Hospital is a private-sector stand alone super speciality hospital based out of New Delhi, India. The hospital was established in the year 1959 in India. Although the founder had his own hospital in Lahore, Pakistan before partition since year..[Read More]
Top Doctors for Brain Cancer
35 years of experience , Gurugram
- Head of Department of Medical Oncology & Hematology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Received Vishisht Seva Medal by President of India for meritorious and distinguished services rendered in armed forces
- Member of Association of Physicians of India <..[Read More]
Medical and Haemato Oncology
31 years of experience , Gurugram
- Chairman at Division of Medical & Paediatric Oncology, Haematology & Bone Marrow / Stem Cell Transplant Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram.
- Honored with the prestigious Padma Shri Award by The President Of India. ..[Read More]
Oncology, Cancer Specialist
21 years of experience , New Delhi
- Dr Surender K Dabas presently working as a Director - Surgical Oncology & Chief - Robotic Surgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- [Read More]
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.