BRAIN TUMOR SURGERY COST IN INDIA
- Treatment Cost
- Treatment Specification
- Top Doctors
- Top Hospitals
- Patient Testimonials
BRAIN TUMOR SURGERY COST IN INDIA
|Brain Tumor Surgery Price||No. of Travellers||Days in Hospital||Days Outside Hospital||Total Days in India|
Brain Tumour is an abnormal mass of tissue that grows inside the brain and multiplies uncontrollably. These tissues may or may not disturb the mechanism of the healthy cells in the brain, depending upon their type. There are over 150 types of brain tumour. However, primarily, there exist two types of brain tumours; they are:
- Primary Brain Tumour:
This type of tumour originates from the brain tissues or the cells surrounding the brain. The further classification of primary brain tumour is as following:
- Glioma: This primary brain tumour origin in glial cells and can affect the brain and spinal cord. It can affect the functioning of the brain, depending upon its growth and location. Severe cases of glioma can be life-threatening.
- Non-Glial Cells: This type of brain tumour develops in or on the brain structures. It can affect any part of the brain, including nerves, glands and blood vessels.
- Benign: It is a non-cancerous tumour that remains still to a particular section and does not spread to other parts. Most of the times, benign tumours do not require treatment. However, it can prove to be fatal if it strikes nerves or blood vessels.
- Malignant: Malignant tumour is the cancerous tumour that can spread to other parts of the brain and does not confine to the location of origin.
- Metastatic Brain Tumour:
Metastatic Brain Tumour does not originate in the brain but starts from any other part of the body like lungs or breast. It then travels from its point of origin to the brain through the bloodstream. Metastatic brain tumours are usually cancerous. Almost 40% of the patients who have lung cancer gets affected by a metastatic brain tumour.
Earlier, the metastatic brain tumour was a considerable risk, but with the advancement in the field of medical research, it is possible to treat metastatic brain tumour successfully. Top surgeons can treat the patients and can grant them new life along with the improved quality of life.
To treat the life-threatening or the chronic brain disease, the medical practitioners make use of a surgical procedure called Brain Tumour Surgery.
BRAIN TUMOR SURGERY COST IN INDIA
Cost of Brain Tumour Surgery in India starts at USD 6,000. However, it can go as high as USD 9,000. The cost of surgery differs based on the condition of the patient. The factors that determine the cost of Brain Tumour Surgery in India are:
- The choice of hospital for the surgery.
- Room, a patient opts for a stay after the surgery.
- For a medical tourist, the choice of hotel for a stay after the discharge from the hospital.
- Drugs, medicines and therapies.
- Condition of the patient.
- Tests and diagnosis.
- Type of brain tumour surgery.
Even, after taking into account each and every factor that may increase the cost of treatment, the entire expenses of brain tumour surgery in India is one-third as compared to the costs of treatment in any other developed nation.
What is Brain Tumour Surgery?
Brain Tumour Surgery is a surgical procedure to remove the tumour and the cells surrounding the tumour to get rid of this fatal brain disorder.
Surgery is the only treatment for the brain tumour. It is better for a patient to undergo the surgical procedure in the early stages to get control of the condition and improve the overall health.
The neurosurgeons decide on the type of treatment depending upon several factors. Some of the common aspects of determining the surgery are:
- The overall physical and mental health of the patient.
- Type of brain tumour.
- The treatment also depends on the size and location of the tumour.
- The Surgeons decide on the surgical procedure depending upon the area affected by a brain tumour.
- Nature of the tumour.
Why Undergo Brain Tumour Surgery?
The brain is the most indispensable part of the human body. It provides the signals to the body to perform any and every activity. In case you are suffering from the brain tumour, surgery becomes must, to get rid of its chronic symptoms.
Ignoring the brain tumour surgery for longer duration may lead to:
- Speech difficulties.
- Vision disorders.
- Behavioural and personality changes.
- Loss of sensation.
- Severe headache.
- Difficulty in balancing the body.
- Vomiting and nausea etc.
However, it is possible to regain the routine after the surgery. Brain tumour surgery can also help you in:
- Eradicating the brain tumour.
- Slow down the growth of brain tumour.
- Improve the signs and symptoms.
- Also, to find a cure for the disease.
The Procedure of Brain Tumour Surgery:
Before beginning with the surgical procedure, the neurosurgeon suggests complete diagnosis on the body of the patient. For comprehensive monitoring of the condition of the patient, the surgeon may suggest the following tests:
- MRI or CT Scan to get the detailed images of the brain.
- MRA or Angiogram; it helps with in-depth analysis of the brain, to detect all the nerve and blood vessels affected with the tumour.
- Biopsy, to know if the tumour is cancerous or not.
- Skull X-Ray.
After a complete examination, the doctor decides the type of Brain Tumour Surgery to be performed as per the condition of the patient.
The surgeon begins the process by shaving the affected region. The next step is to give anaesthesia to the patient so that he does not feel any pain during the surgery. Depending on the condition of the patient, the neurosurgeon opts for one of the following procedures:
It is a standard method used to treat cancer cells. When it is not possible to remove the brain tumour, the doctors make use of radiation to remove the tumour cells. Radiotherapy may be the primary therapy for the patient, or the surgeons may use it after the surgery. Using radiotherapy after the surgery help to treat the tumour that the surgeon cannot remove and also to reduce the brain tumour development in future.
The neurosurgeons may continue with the radiotherapy over the period of three to seven weeks. The duration of radiation varies depending on the condition of the patient.
It is the most preferred choice of neurosurgeons against a brain tumour. The process begins with making an incision in the area of bone from the skull. With the help of the opening, the surgeons get access to the brain. Before the surgery, the patient has to undergo the scans to know the exact location of the tumour. While other surgeons opt for image-guided surgery, which makes all the images available on the screen.
Now, they remove the brain tumour and then puts back the flap of the skull to close the incision. It is possible to hold the closure into place with the help of metal brackets. It is possible to fix the structure with the help of stitches. You do not have to worry about the scars post-surgery, as it will not be visible and hide under your hair.
In this type of brain tumour surgery, the doctors use a high power microscope to have a closer look at the nerves, brain tissues and the blood vessels. The process makes it possible to detect the healthy cells and defected cells and thus differentiate it more effectively from each other.
So, the surgeon can easily remove the tumour cells and leave behind the brain tumour cells.
It is essential for the patient to remain in the hospital for 3 to 7 days. Here, the entire medical team provides personal attention and guidance to the patient for a speedy recovery.
Complications of Brain Tumour Surgery:
The most common complications after the Brain Tumour Surgery are:
- Redness or swelling.
- Vomiting and headache.
- Fluid discharge from the incision.
- Another major problem after the brain tumour surgery is in swallowing or eating food.
To avoid complications, the doctors provide drugs and medications. Along with that, the doctor may suggest considerable changes in the diet. At times, the doctors have to introduce an additional tube for feeding the patient that is NJ tube or G-Tube.
Make sure that you follow all the instructions from the doctor so that you can recover quickly after the surgery. The rehabilitation period in the hospital may be a week, but a patient may require more than a year to get back to regular life; be it personal or professional.
Do not ignore the instructions of a doctor after the discharge, and follow all the do’s and don’ts at home too. Irresponsible behaviour may lead to severe complications and at times, the failure of the surgery also.
Who is not a suitable patient for brain tumour surgery?
- The person who has AIDS cannot undergo brain tumour surgery.
- Doctors sidestep surgery on a patient with the body mass index higher than 30.
- Neurosurgeons avoid performing surgery on pregnant women.
- If a person has a high addiction to smoking, he is not suitable for brain tumour surgery.
Recovery After Brain Tumour Surgery:
It is possible to recover after brain tumour surgery only if the patient makes suitable changes in his routine life. Some of the most significant changes can be:
- Avoid the use of cell phones. If you want to talk to someone urgently, consider using a landline. Also, try to keep the conversations short.
- Do not eat heavy and oily food that can be difficult to swallow and lead to choking of your food pipe. Keep your diet light and simple.
- Say no to smoking.
- Add physical exercises to your daily routine to manage your weight.
- Keep your surroundings clean and maintain personal hygiene.
These are the simple tips but can avoid all the complications like infection or regeneration of tumour after the surgery etc.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT BRAIN TUMOR SURGERY
Question 1: Which is the best hospital for the treatment of brain tumour in Delhi NCR?
Answer: Fortis Memorial Research Institute, in Gurgaon, is one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Brain Tumour in Delhi NCR.
Question 2: Which is the best doctor for the treatment of the brain tumour in Delhi NCR?
Answer: Dr Sandeep Vaishya is one of the best doctors with 17 years of experience for the treatment of the brain tumour.
Question 3: What is the cost of brain tumour treatment in India?
Answer: Usually, the starting cost of brain tumour treatment is USD 6,000. However, it can increase based on the medical condition of the patient.
Question 4: When do you require the brain tumour surgery for the cure?
Answer: The surgery is essential for the treatment when there is no cure possible with the non-surgical procedure or therapies. Moreover, for the tumour to be removed through the surgical process, the location of the tumour also matters.
Question 5: For how long, the medical tourists have to spend time in India for the brain tumour treatment?
Answer: The patient has to stay for a minimum of 30 to 35 days. There can be an extended stay if the patient requires chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Top Hospitals for Brain Tumor Surgery
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1996
Fortis came into existence since 1996 and has been known for its excellence in healthcare early since its inception. It is a multi-speciality hospital that offers its services in India as well as abroad with specialisation in more than 55 medical ..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2007
- Artemis and Agrim Institute of Neurosciences was developed in the year 2007. It is the first hospital in India accredited with JCI and NABH. Apart from the cutting edge clinical treatments, Artemis is also involved in advanced healthcare re..[Read More]
New Delhi, India
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1959
BLK Hospital is a private-sector stand alone super speciality hospital based out of New Delhi, India. The hospital was established in the year 1959 in India. Although the founder had his own hospital in Lahore, Pakistan before partition since year..[Read More]
Top Doctors for Brain Tumor Surgery
35 years of experience , Gurugram
- Head of Department of Medical Oncology & Hematology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Received Vishisht Seva Medal by President of India for meritorious and distinguished services rendered in armed forces
- Member of Association of Physicians of India <..[Read More]
19 years of experience , Gurugram
- Specialist Senior Registrar (GI Surgical Oncology): Equivalent to Lecturer at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 1 June 2004 - 31 Aug 2005.
- He is Surgical Fellow, Hepatobiliary Surgery & Liver Transplantation, 2006-07 (Singapore).
- Visiting Fellow, Video Assisted Thoracosc..[Read More]
Medical Oncology, Haematology, Bone-Marrow Transplant
16 years of experience , Gurugram
- M.B.B.S. Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner 1993.
- M.D. (Internal Medicine), SMS Medical College, Jaipur 1997.
- D.M. (Medical Oncology), AIIMS, New Delhi 2003.
- PDCR (Professional Diploma in Clinical Research) 2008.
- Tata Memorial Hospital, 6 months. ..[Read More]
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.