BREAST CANCER COST IN INDIA
- Treatment Cost
- Treatment Specification
- Top Doctors
- Top Hospitals
- Patient Testimonials
BREAST CANCER COST IN INDIA
Breast Cancer Treatment Price
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total Days in India
Starts at USD 3,500
One of the primary grounds for the increasing number of deaths in women is breast cancer. However, the advancements in science and technology have contributed to an increase in chances of survival.
After lung cancer, breast cancer is the most severe cancer that has complicated treatment. Breast cancer can even affect men, but the probability is scarce. It is a prevalent health issue in women. If you talk about the present scenario of breast cancer treatment, 2.7% of all the women affected by breast cancer do not survive.
BREAST CANCER COST IN INDIA
The cost of a breast cancer treatment in India varies between USD 3,500 to USD 12,000. The reason for this variation in the value of the treatment depends on several factors that include:
- Choice of oncologist and hospital for your treatment
- No. of days spent inside and outside the hospital
- Count of chemotherapy and radiotherapy sessions
- Costs of medications, test and diagnosis and
What is Breast Cancer?
Breast Cancer is the formation of abnormal cells or abnormal growth of mass called tumour in the breast. It makes a considerable change in the overall functioning of breasts, including the variation in the physical appearance.
There can be numerous causes of breast cancer. It can affect your body due to the high consumption of alcohol, lifestyle, genetic disorders, and much more.
Who is a Candidate for Breast Cancer Treatment?
Anyone who suffers the below-mentioned signs and symptoms is a candidate for breast cancer treatment.
- Thickening of breasts or formation of lumps in the chest
- Changes in skin colour and quality of the skin around the breast
- Hardening of nipple
- Pain under the armpits and around the breasts not only during the periodic cycle but throughout the month
- Continuous discharge from the nipples, sometimes containing blood
- Swelling in nipples
- Sunken or inverted nipples
- A significant discrepancy in the shape and size of the breast
- Scaling of the skin in and around the breast
- Rashes in the nipples or breast
- Pain in the breast
- Development of Eczema
- Redness in the skin and more.
The Procedure for the Treatment of Breast Cancer:
The chances of Breast cancer treatment is 99% successful if diagnosed in the early stages. If the patient conquers breast cancer successfully, he or she can live for several years without facing any inconvenience. However, before beginning with the treatment, the patient has to undergo a specific diagnosis procedure. The tests for the detection and analysis of breast cancer include:
- Ultrasound for breast and lymph nodes
- Blood tests.
The treatment procedure of breast cancer depends on several factors like the stage of the tumour, growth and multiplication of the cancer cells, age and overall health of the patient.
The complete breast cancer treatment involves a series of treatment procedures.
The surgery for a different stage may have different methods.
It is used to treat the initial stages of cancer. It is helpful in the removal of small tumours and lumps from the breast and surrounding tissues.
It is a primary invasive breast surgery that involves the removal of lobules, breasts, nipples, lymph nodes from the armpits and much more.
- Sentinel Node Biopsy:
This process is used when cancer has spread to the lymph nodes of the armpits.
- Lymph Node Dissection:
If cancer has spread to several lymph nodes and the removal of the tumour is not possible, then the oncologists remove lymph nodes through dissection of the armpits.
- Breast Reconstruction Surgery:
It is a surgical treatment used after the removal of the breast after cancer treatment. This reconstruction surgery is helpful to give the best possible natural look to the patient after the procedure.
It involves the usage of drugs and medicines to help control the growth and multiplication of tumour cells. The drugs can be introduced in the body of the patient orally or intravenously.
It may be used as the secondary or primary process for the removal of cancerous cells from the body of the patient.
It involves the use of magnetic radiations or X-Ray to restrict the spreading of the tumour. The doctors may use radiation therapy for three to six weeks depending upon the condition of the patient. Also, the number of sessions in a week may differ from one patient to another. Common types of radiation therapy to treat breast cancer is:
- Chest wall radiation therapy
- Breast radiation therapy
- Lymph node radiation therapy and
- Breast boost radiation therapy
It is helpful for patients who cannot undergo surgical treatments, chemotherapy or radiation therapy. There can be various factors that restrict the surgical procedures in a patient, including the age and location of cancer.
Hormone therapy can provide considerable relief in signs and symptoms of breast cancer and have a lasting effect for the duration of 5 to 7 years.
After the Treatment:
The patient has to stay in the hospital for a minimum of 3 to 5 days. He also might have to wait ten to fifteen days outside the hospital to receive the guidance for the recovery.
However, the patient may have to undergo several sessions of therapies throughout the rehab and recovery period, though it varies based on the improvement in the condition of the patient.
To be able to get back to routine life, the patient must take medicines regularly and must not forget regular check-ups and follow-ups.
Common Complications After Breast Cancer Treatment:
- Weight Loss
- Hair loss
- Abrupt menstrual cycle
- Pain in the back and chest
- Problems with the excretory system
- Abdominal pain and
- Considerable decrease in appetite
These complications are limited to a specific period post-surgery. However, one can overcome the side effects with the help of medicine.
India has some of the best oncologists in the world, who excel in providing successful treatment for breast cancer. If you are a medical tourist to India and are unaware of the medical facts, oncologists, top hospitals, visa extension process, and much more you can approach Denesa Health.
It is one of the best medical tourism companies in India, providing top-notch and satisfactory services to the medical tourists in the country as per their personalised requirements.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT BREAST CANCER
Question 1: What are the signs and symptoms of breast cancer?
Answer: The come signs and symptoms of breast cancer are:
- Heaviness in the breast
- Change in the shape of the body
- Excessive pain in the breast
- Discharge from the nipple apart from milk
- Lumps or nodes formation in and around the breast
- Change in the colour of breast
- Itching in the breast.
There can be other symptoms, too depending on the stage of cancer. However, the above signs are an indication that you have breast cancer, and you need to see the doctor.
Question 2: What is the cost of breast cancer treatment in India?
Answer: The cost of breast cancer treatment in India starts at USD 3,500, and it can go up to 7,000 dollars. The price is personalised to the medical condition of the patient.
Question 3: How long does it take for breast cancer to develop?
Answer: Breast cancer or lung cancer is a slow-growing disease. Each division of the cancer cell takes a minimum span of two to three months. However, the signs are not indicative in the beginning. By the time a patient experience the signs and symptoms, it is around five to six years. The minimum duration for the development of breast cancer is 5 years, and it can be as long as 10 years.
Question 4: Who is the best doctor for the treatment of breast cancer in India?
Answer: Dr Vinod Raina is one of the best doctors in India who possess experience of more than three decades. He has resolved the most complicated oncological cases with 100% success.
Question 5: Which is the top treatment centre for breast cancer in India?
Answer: Fortis Memorial Research Institute is the best treatment centre for breast cancer surgery in India.
Top Hospitals for Breast Cancer
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2009
- Medanta The Medcity situated in the heart of the one of the most modernised and developed city of Gurugram in India. The hospital was inaugurated in the year 2009 by one of the most famous cardiac surgeons Dr Naresh Trehan, who had been pra..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2007
- Artemis and Agrim Institute of Neurosciences was developed in the year 2007. It is the first hospital in India accredited with JCI and NABH. Apart from the cutting edge clinical treatments, Artemis is also involved in advanced healthcare re..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1996
Fortis came into existence since 1996 and has been known for its excellence in healthcare early since its inception. It is a multi-speciality hospital that offers its services in India as well as abroad with specialisation in more than 55 medical ..[Read More]
Top Doctors for Breast Cancer
Medical Oncology, Haematology, Bone-Marrow Transplant
16 years of experience , Gurugram
- M.B.B.S. Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner 1993.
- M.D. (Internal Medicine), SMS Medical College, Jaipur 1997.
- D.M. (Medical Oncology), AIIMS, New Delhi 2003.
- PDCR (Professional Diploma in Clinical Research) 2008.
- Tata Memorial Hospital, 6 months. ..[Read More]
35 years of experience , Gurugram
- Head of Department of Medical Oncology & Hematology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Received Vishisht Seva Medal by President of India for meritorious and distinguished services rendered in armed forces
- Member of Association of Physicians of India <..[Read More]
31 years of experience , Gurugram
- Chairman at Division of Medical & Paediatric Oncology, Haematology & Bone Marrow..[Read More]
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.