( For Best Treatment In India )
CATARACT SURGERY COST IN INDIA
|Cataract Surgery Price||No. of Travellers||Days in Hospital||Days Outside Hospital||Total Days in India|
Cataract refers to the formation of a cloud-like structure on the lens of the eye resulting in blurred vision. In the initial stages of the cataract, it is possible to clear the view with the help of the glares, bifocal or magnificent lenses, focused lighting and other visual aids.
It is one of the most common types of eye disorders found in people over the age of 40 years. In severe cases, it may even end in loss of vision.
A cataract is basically of three types:
- Subcapsular Cataract:
This type of cataract develops in people taking drugs and heavy doses of steroids regularly. Also, patients who have diabetes can get affected by subcapsular cataract. It usually affects the eye at the back of the lens.
- Nuclear Cataract:
Ageing is the most common cause of nuclear cataract. This cataract generally affects the centre of the eye or the nucleus.
- Cortical Cataract:
It refers to the formation of a white wedge-like structure that starts from the periphery of the eye and moves toward the centre. To be specific, it affects the lens cortex, which is the part of the nucleus of the eye.
However, it would be unsurpassed if you did not live with cataract disorder as the treatment of cataract is now possible through the cataract surgery.
CATARACT SURGERY COST IN INDIA
Cost of Cataract Surgery in India:
The cost of cataract surgery in India per eye starts at USD 1,000, which is very low in comparison to the price of treatment in other countries. However, there can be minor variations in the cost of cataract surgery, depending on specific factors:
- Position of cataract in eyes
- Degree of eye disorder
- The portion of the eye under the effect
- Expenses on medicines and diagnosis
- Fees of the surgeon and medical team
What is Cataract Surgery?
Cataract Surgery refers to the surgical procedure on the eye, which aims at replacing the original or natural cloudy lens of the eye with an artificial lens. This artificial lens restores the blurred vision.
The patient may require surgery either on a single eye or both the eyes, depending on the effect of the cataract.
Who is an Eligible Candidate for Cataract Treatment?
A patient suffering from cataract having below-mentioned signs and symptoms can undergo the cataract treatment.
- The patient who cannot see the colours correctly and has a faded vision
- Someone who suffers from reading issues
- The power of eyeglass is not constant and fluctuates frequently
- You may experience spots and patches while you see.
- If you suffer from light sensitivity
- Other eye issues, like glare
- Blurry or cloudy vision
- Problems with clear vision and more.
If you experience all or a few of these symptoms, you must immediately consult an ophthalmologist. The patient suffering from cataract disorder may never suffer from any pain or discomfort in the eye, but face the signs and symptoms detailed above. If you delay the checkup, the effect of cataract may increase, and may eventually result in blindness.
The Procedure of Cataract Surgery In India:
To begin the treatment, the doctors first advise tests to diagnose the condition and decide the treatment procedure. Some of the standard tests performed on the patients before Cataract Surgery are:
- Retinal Examination:
The Retinal examination is necessary to have a closer view of the retina and analyse the condition.
- Visual Acuity Test:
This test is performed to check the accuracy of vision in a person. It is possible through reading activities and other ways that can depend on the doctor
- Slit Lamp Examination:
It is the in-depth examination of eyes through an illuminated slit light. It helps in the proper analysis of the eye and getting the exact position of the eye part affected by the cataract.
Procedure for Treatment:
It is possible to treat the initial stages of Cataract without surgical process. At the same time, if the patient is suffering from advanced cataract disorders, surgery becomes mandatory. The general procedure for cataract surgery is:
- The treatment begins with the dilation of the pupil. It is essential so that the patient does not suffer any pain during the operation.
- To start with the surgery, the surgeon makes a small incision in the eye of the patient. Then he proceeds by inserting a probe. The probe is used for transferring the ultrasound waves. These waves split the original cloudy lens into small pieces.
- As the lens is broken, the surgeons remove it using the suction process.
- Then the new artificial lens is placed in the eye.
- Once the lens is in the proper position, the surgeon closes the incision.
It takes approximately 30 minutes for the entire surgical process. However, the recovery time may differ from one patient to another, depending on the medical condition of the patient.
Once the surgery is complete, the doctors discharge the patient within two to three hours. However, the patient needs to be extra careful after the treatment. Some of the common precautions necessary after the cataract surgery include:
- You may feel patches in the eye after the surgery. It may continue for minimum a week to up to 40 days. To avoid discomfort, the doctors suggest the use of an eyeshield, especially at night.
- Do not skip the use of eyedrops. Follow the schedule as detailed by the medical practitioner. Any ignorance may lead to infection and inflammation in the eye.
- You can experience an immediate improvement in the eye, but it is essential to avoid extensive use of digital gadgets, including your smartphones.
- Do not go for any rigorous physical activities without consulting the doctor. It may not be helpful during the recovery period and may lead to side-effects.
- Make sure you visit the doctor periodically for follow-up. He may perform necessary eye tests to analyse the outcome of the surgery and check if any infection persists.
- Do not rub your eyes. In case, you feel itchy consider washing with plain water and tap dry gently.
- No chemicals in the form of face wash or shampoo must enter your eye. It can result in infection and other harmful consequences.
What can be the possible complications after the cataract surgery?
Cataract surgery is usually harmless as itis only meant to provide you with beneficial output and help you recover from the signs & symptoms of eye disorders.
However, exceptions can always be there. So, in the rarest cases, there can be certain risks, which include:
- A shift of the intraocular or artificial lens from its destined place
- Retinal detachment
Some of the more prominent and less possible side-effects of the surgery include:
- Failure of the operation.
These complications generally occur due to inappropriate practices during the recovery period. It may be any of the below-mentioned reasons:
- Consumption of drugs and alcohol
- Not taking the prescribed medicines on time
- Direct exposure to sunlight
- Exposure to cancer treatments and unwanted radiations
- Not visiting the doctor on time for follow-up during the recovery period.
So, it is possible to avoid the complications by religiously following the instructions of the doctor. Also, the primary concern to receive a successful treatment is the choice of the surgeon and the hospital for treatment.
Check the list of top hospitals in India to avail the treatment from the best surgeons.
Top Hospitals for Cataract Surgery in India:
- Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram.
These hospitals provide you best-in-class treatment and that too at a very affordable cost.
Now, you must not wait for the treatment and suffer. Do not delay your treatment and plan your medical tourism in India to get the desired treatment for your eyes. To fix your appointment, you can contact Denesa Health. It is one of the best medical tourism companies that help all the medical travellers to India in every possible way. Starting from your medical visa to recovery and follow-up, the team of Denesa Health is always ready for your assistance 24 x 7 x 365.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT CATARACT SURGERY
Top Doctors for Cataract Surgery
Cataract Surgery, Ophthalmology, Glaucoma, Femto-LASIK, Refractive Surgery, Cornea Surgery
32 years of experience , Gurugram
Cataract Surgery, Ophthalmology, Glaucoma, Femto-LASIK
32 years of experience , Gurugram
Cataract Surgery, Ophthalmology, Retinal Surgery
12 years of experience , New Delhi
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.