CORONARY ANGIOPLASTY COST IN INDIA
- Treatment Cost
- Treatment Specification
- Top Doctors
- Top Hospitals
- Patient Testimonials
CORONARY ANGIOPLASTY COST IN INDIA
Coronary Angioplasty Price
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total Days in India
Coronary arteries are responsible for the circulation of blood in and out of the cardiac muscles. It consists of the left and the right arteries that are further subdivided into several branches.
Each of the coronary arteries has a significant role in carrying out an uninterrupted blood supply to the heart.
Any of the damage or blockage in the coronary arteries require immediate medical assistance, or else it may result in undesired consequences.
The treatment procedure that helps to overcome such disorders is referred to as Coronary Angioplasty.
CORONARY ANGIOPLASTY COST IN INDIA
Factors affecting the price of Coronary Angioplasty in India are:
- Coronary Disorder in the patient
- The procedure of the surgery used by the cardiologist
- Drugs and medicines
- The overall physical and mental health of the patient
- Necessary tests and diagnosis
- Choice of hospital and surgeon
- Selection of room for a stay in the hospital
- Preference of hotel outside the hospital
- No. of travellers with the patient and
Exclusive of non-medical expenses, the cost of Coronary Angioplasty in India starts at USD 3,800. The variation in the price depends on the personalised situation of the patients.
Even if you include overall expenditure, taking into account, your travel expenses and every possible penny spend during your medical tourism to India, the total cost of treatment will be much less in comparison to any other country across the globe.
What is Coronary Angioplasty?
Coronary Angioplasty is a surgical procedure that makes use of a balloon to open a blocked coronary artery or to widen the narrow coronary arteries.
Coronary Angioplasty is also known as Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty or PTCA. Sometimes, the cardiologists may make use of stents instead of the balloon to stretch open the blockage in the artery. This stent is left in place for the proper passing of blood to and fro from the cardiac muscle.
The use of stenting, along with the angioplasty, is referred to as Percutaneous Coronary Intervention or PCI.
Who is a Potential Candidate for Coronary Angioplasty?
The cardiologists use Coronary Angioplasty for the treatment of:
It is a condition in the patients above the age of 45 years that leads to blocking and narrowing of the coronary arteries resulting in coronary artery disease or complete heart failure.
It is yet another heart disorder that restricts the flow of blood to cardiac muscles resulting in severe chest pain. It can be a result of extreme stress or hardcore physical activities.
If the patient reaches the hospital timely after the angina attack, the treatment is possible with the help of medication. But the surgery becomes essential, in case the blood does not reach the heart at the required rate. Coronary Angioplasty can help restore the flow of blood to cardiac muscles.
- Emergency Treatment for Heart-Attack;
Coronary Angioplasty acts as a supporting treatment for severe heart attack. It initiates the supply of blood to the cardiac muscles before the further proceedings of the surgery and helps gain the necessary control over the situation.
The Procedure for Coronary Angioplasty:
- The cardiologist makes use of local anaesthesia while performing the surgery. The patient does not lose consciousness, as the surgeon carry out the treatment.
- Now, the surgeon receives further guidance by an X-Ray Video, where he can mark the affected artery.
- Then, he proceeds by making an incision either in the leg, arm or groin. This incision helps to insert the catheter in the blocked artery.
- Following the path of the catheter, a thin wire is used to guide the balloon in the blockage.
- The surgeon then makes a move to inflate the balloon. The inflation of the balloon opens up the blocked arteries and directs the flow of blood to the cardiac muscle.
- In case, the balloon is not able to do the needful; the cardiologist inserts a stent to open the blockage in the coronary artery.
- The stent is held in place by inflating a balloon, and once the route for the flow of blood is cleared, the balloon is removed. The stent remains permanently in the coronary artery to reduce the chances of blockages in future.
It might take 30 minutes to 3 hours to complete the coronary angioplasty. The time taken to accomplish the surgery highly depends on:
- The affected area or point of operation
- The procedure required to fix the issue.
- The complexity of the situation.
Recovery After the Surgery:
As the process followed for the treatment is minimally invasive, and also the patient is conscious throughout the process; there are least chances of complications. So, the doctor allows the patient to head back to the home either the same day or within 48 hours of the surgery.
However, the patient must take adequate rest at home and also follow the medical prescription precisely in terms of dosage as well as time for a speedy recovery.
Do not take up with any heavy exercises or strenuous activities for a minimum period of one week after the surgery. The surgeons would say a strict no for lifting heavy weights and even driving.
After one week, you must visit the cardiologist for a follow-up diagnosis. Here, he will analyse your body response to the surgery and then suggest for further care.
Follow the guidance of the cardiologist to stay fit and avoid any chances of complications.
Complications and Risks After Coronary Angioplasty:
Coronary Angioplasty is one of the safest heart treatments that involve a minimum risk. It is commonly used for senior citizens, above the age of 60 and yet is highly successful.
Still, a surgery can never be 100% risk-free, so some of the common side-effects post coronary angioplasty can be:
- Heart Attack
- Excessive Bleeding
- Infection due to use of stent
- Nerve damage
- Blood clotting and
- A heart stroke.
However, if a person would suffer from any severe risks or not, depends on some factors, including:
- The age of the patient
- History of heart attack
- The overall well-being of the patient and
- Several arteries blocked.
One more way that can help to avoid the chances of complications after the surgery is not compromising with the choice of a cardiologist or the hospital.
A well-experienced surgeon is capable of giving a 100% successful treatment to the procedure, and it is possible only if he has all the necessary equipment. The latest techniques, equipment and advanced technology are available only in specialised cardiac centres of top hospitals.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT CORONARY ANGIOPLASTY
Question 1: What is the cost of coronary angioplasty in India?
Answer: The cost of coronary angioplasty begins at USD 3,800 in India. It can fluctuate to 10 % based on the overall health condition of the patient.
Question 2: What is the life expectancy after angioplasty stent placement?
Answer: Most of the patients after successful treatment can survive for 2 to 3 years. The life expectancy can be higher for the patients who undergo surgery at a younger age and suffer no other medical complications.
Question 3: What is the success rate of Coronary Angioplasty Treatment in India?
Answer: The success rate of coronary angioplasty in India is in between 90 to 95%. The complications and failure of the treatment in the rarest cases are due to other health issues in the patient apart from cardiac disorders.
Question 4: Is It restricted to climb stairs after coronary angioplasty?
Answer: The restriction in climbing stairs and other rigorous physical activities after the surgery is 5 to 8 days. In other words, until the recovery period. Once you have recovered completely, you can live a regular life.
Question 5: Which is the best hospital for coronary angioplasty in India?
Answer: Fortis Escorts Heart Institute in New Delhi is one of the best treatment centres for all types of cardiac surgeries.
Top Hospitals for Coronary Angioplasty
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1996
Fortis came into existence since 1996 and has been known for its excellence in healthcare early since its inception. It is a multi-speciality hospital that offers its services in India as well as abroad with specialisation in more than 55 medical ..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2007
- Artemis and Agrim Institute of Neurosciences was developed in the year 2007. It is the first hospital in India accredited with JCI and NABH. Apart from the cutting edge clinical treatments, Artemis is also involved in advanced healthcare re..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1992
- Fortis Malar Hospital based out of Chennai and is known for providing the top-class medical integrated service across India. Fortis is the fastest growing medical network in India that has covered many states from North to South and East to..[Read More]
New Delhi, India
speciality: Multi Speciality,Organ Transplant,Cardiology,Orthopaedic,Ophthalmology,Hepatology
Established In: 1988
- Fortis Escort Heart Institute is the largest private Cardiac Hospital in the Asia Pacific that was started in year 1988. The hospital is accredited by JCI. The hospital completed its silver jubilee in year 2013. It is referred to as the bes..[Read More]
Top Doctors for Coronary Angioplasty
22 years of experience , Gurugram
- Dr Kumar is an all-round Cardiologist with an extensive experience of over 22 years in Interventional, Non – invasive and Clinical Cardiology.
- He has served in the Indian Army and has been associated with several prestigious organizations like Army Hospital R & R, New Del..[Read More]
Cardiac Surgery, Heart Lung Transplant
20 years of experience , Gurugram
- MBBS, University of Kashmir, 1991.
- MS, General Surgery, Shri Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, 1988.
- M Ch, CTVS, University of Wisconsin, 1984.
- Fellowships (Cardio-thoracic Surgery):
- Prince of Wales and Prince Henry Hospitals, A..[Read More]
38 years of experience , Chennai
- Dr K R Balakrishnan, a most renowned surgeon with extensive experience of over three decades. In Present he is the Director, Institute of Cardiac Sciences at Fortis Hospital, Malar. He is the first doctor to complete over 200 heart transplants and more than 16,000 heart operations ind..[Read More]
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.