( For Best Treatment In India )
CORONARY ARTERY BYPASS GRAFTING CABG COST IN INDIA
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total Days in India
Coronary Heart Disease is a severe health issue that leads to the deposition of the waxy substance called plaque in the coronary arteries. This plaque leads to blockage or narrowing of the coronary arteries that are responsible for the supply of oxygen-rich blood to the heart.
The result is an insufficient transfer of blood to the heart. Even if this plaque ruptures, it leads to the formation of a blood clot which completely blocks the flow of blood.
In the initial stages, it can lead to chest pain or discomfort in breathing called angina. If it is not treated immediately, it can lead to a heart attack.
To treat this heart disease, surgeons make use of a surgical procedure called CABG or Heart Bypass Surgery.
CORONARY ARTERY BYPASS GRAFTING CABG COST IN INDIA
The starting cost of CABG treatment in India is 4,500 dollars. It varies depending on various factors:
- Choice of hospital
- Selection of room for a stay in the hospital
- Type of heart disorder
- Procedure of treatment
- Tests and diagnosis
- Medication and
Considering all the expenses involved in a CABG treatment and other non-medical factors affecting the cost of treatment for a medical tourist, the cardiac surgery in India is highly affordable.
What is CABG?
CABG or Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting is a surgery that aims at improving the flow of blood to the heart when the coronary arteries are narrowed or blocked.
In this treatment method, the cardiologists make use of a healthy artery or vein from a particular part of the body and grafts it to the blocked artery. This grafted vein or artery bypasses the blocked section of the coronary artery and thus, form a new path for oxygen-rich blood to reach the heart.
It is possible to bypass multiple blocked arteries during the surgery.
Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting focuses on:
- Reducing the signs and symptoms of coronary heart diseases and angina
- Lowering the chances of heart attack
- Enhancing the probability of survival
- Allowing the patient to get back to an active lifestyle.
Who is a Candidate for Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting?
The surgeon suggests Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery for patients suffering from following heart disorders:
- Severe Coronary Heart Diseases
- Blockages in the arteries resulting as a hindrance in the pumping of the blood
- For blockages in coronary arteries that cannot be removed by PCI or Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- Medicines and other cardiac treatments show no improvements in the condition of the patient
- After a heart attack to remove the blockages
- During the heart transplant surgery to remove the blocked or clogged arteries.
The Procedure for Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting:
Before the Surgery:
Usually, a patient has to undergo several tests before the surgery. The medical tests might include:
- Blood tests
- Chest X-Ray
- Coronary Angiography and
- Cardiac Catheterization.
The cardiologists will give all the instructions to the patient before the surgery, regarding;
- The medicines and dosages
- Dietary habits
- Physical activities
- Quitting the unhealthy addictions like drinking and smoking
The doctors will decide on the date of admission in the hospital depending on the test reports and overall health condition of the patient.
During the Surgery:
The coronary artery bypass grafting requires a team of:
- Cardiology experts
- Cardiac surgeon
- Other surgeons
- An anesthesiologist
- Heart-lung bypass machine specialist or perfusionist and
- General medical professionals.
There are different types of Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery Procedures. They are discussed below in brief:
- Traditional Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery:
- The cardiologist performs the conventional bypass surgery on a patient by giving him general anaesthesia.
- He then makes a deep cut in the chest, opening the cage to open the heart.
- Artificial supply of oxygen is given to the body by inserting a tube in the lungs and connecting to the ventilator.
- An artificial heart-lung machine is added to maintain the proper functioning of the body, and the heart is stopped while operating.
- To bypass the blocked artery, the surgeon will make use of artery or vein from a part of your body usually chest or leg. Vein grafts are more popular than artery grafts, as there are reduced chances of blockages in future.
- Once the surgeon finishes with grafting, he restores the flow of blood to the heart.
- The heart may start beating on its own, or the surgeon might use an electric shock to regain the functioning of the heart.
- The incision is then closed with the help of wire, which remains in the body of the patient permanently.
- To cover the skin incision, surgeons may use stitches and staples.
It takes 3 to 6 hours to complete the traditional method of heart bypass surgery.
- Non-Traditional Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting:
- Beating Heart Bypass Grafting:
This method is similar to that of traditional heart bypass surgery with minimum differences in the procedure. In this method, the surgeons make use of an off-pump CABG to bypass a blocked artery.
The cardiologist manages the heart rate and slows it down to an acceptable level by using a mechanical device but does not stop it completely to perform the surgery.
- Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting:
Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting is entirely different from the traditional method of heart bypass surgery. However, it can be performed in various ways depending on the heart disorder and condition of the patient.
A cardiologist may or may not use a heart-lung bypass machine during the operation. Types of MIDCAB grafting are:
- Robot-Assisted Technique:
In this method, the surgeons make the smallest keyhole-sized incisions. The cardiologist makes use of automatic remote-operated instruments to perform the surgery.
He receives the necessary guidance and directions with the help of an endoscope inserted through one of the incisions. Here, the surgeon may use a heart-lung bypass machine.
- MIDCAB Procedure:
This method is used for the bypass of the blood vessels located in the front of your heart muscle. The surgeon makes a small direct incision through the rib cage from the left side of the chest over the affected or blocked artery.
The incision is usually 3 inches long, and the procedure does not require a heart-lung bypass machine for the proceedings.
- Port Access CAB procedure:
It is a bypass procedure that is accomplished by making ports in the chest and grafting the veins or arteries to remove blockages in the flow of blood to the heart. The surgeons usually make use of a heart-lung bypass machine to perform this type of surgery.
- The cardiologist may refer patients to cardiac rehabilitation after the surgery. Here the patient is medically supervised, and there are several rehab programs including exercises, training and education for healthy living.
- The patient has to make considerable life changes. Say strict no to alcohol and smoking to recover fast.
- A periodic checkup is a must where the surgeon may opt for specific tests to know the overall well-being of the patient.
Complications After the CABG Treatment:
- Heart Attack
- Heart Stroke
- Severe Chest Pain
- Loss of Appetite
- Irritability and
Some more complicated side-effects can be:
- Kidney or lung disorders and
- Peripheral Arterial Disease.
It is possible to avoid severe risks and complications after the surgery by taking proper care during the recovery period. Also, make sure you undergo the treatment only after knowing the experience of the surgeon and making the right choice for both the cardiologist and the hospital.
The healthcare travellers in India must feel like home, as the Denesa Health medical tourism company is always available at their service to provide the right assistance.
The team of Denesa Health serve the patients right from choosing a doctor, hospital, fixing the appointment, availing the treatment to post-surgical follow-up.
So, do not panic and apply for your medical visa today to avail the best-in-class treatment at economical prices with more than 95% success rate in cardiac surgery.
Top Doctors for Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting CABG
22 years of experience , Gurugram
Cardiothoracic Transplant, Heart Transplant, Lung Transplant
30 years of experience , Chennai
Cardiac Surgery, Heart Lung Transplant
20 years of experience , Gurugram
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.