HIP RESURFACING COST IN INDIA
- Treatment Cost
- Treatment Specification
- Top Doctors
- Top Hospitals
- Patient Testimonials
HIP RESURFACING COST IN INDIA
|Hip Resurfacing Price||No. of Travellers||Days in Hospital||Days Outside Hospital||Total Days in India|
There are many complications in total hip replacement surgery. Though Total Hip Replacement is generally successful, the recovery time after the surgery due to large incision is very long. Also, the patient has to suffer severe complications if he misses the necessary care during the rehabilitation period.
So, to overcome the shortcomings of the total hip replacement surgery and provide solutions to the patients for their hip-related issues, the orthopaedic surgeons are now adapting orthopaedic advancement known as Hip Resurfacing.
HIP RESURFACING COST IN INDIA
The starting cost of hip resurfacing treatment in India is USD 5,500, which is far less in comparison to the cost of treatment in other countries like the US, where the treatment starts at 18,000 dollars.
Even if you are a medical tourist, you will save considerably availing the hip resurfacing treatment in India despite including your travel costs, visa, stay and miscellaneous expenses.
Also, the success of hip resurfacing surgeries in India is 100%. You get to avail the top quality treatment at very affordable expenses.
What is Hip Resurfacing?
Metal Hip Arthroplasty or Hip Resurfacing is a minimally invasive surgical procedure for replacing the damaged or diseased surfaces of the hip joint by using the prosthesis and metallic implants.
This process aims at eradicating the signs and symptoms of issues in hip joints which can be either preserving the bone or overcoming the arthritic pain.
The orthopaedic surgeons retain the maximum part of the head and neck portion of the femur rather than removing it. This makes it easier to repeat the surgery or perform a total hip replacement, due to any other damage in the future.
It is the most preferred orthopaedic proceedings for restoring the hip dislocation because the surgeons retain the maximum portion of the bone and use metallic prosthesis only to reshape or provide a cap to the hip ball.
Who is a Candidate for Hip Resurfacing?
To qualify for a hip resurfacing surgery, a patient must be below the age of 55 years and must have a good body mass index. The chance of success of hip resurfacing in an obese patient is comparatively low.
Hip resurfacing is the first choice for orthopaedic surgeons for wear and tear of articular cartilage.
It is also the treatment for any patient suffering from:
- Congenital Disorders
- Avascular Necrosis
- Inflammation due to Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Wear and tear of ligaments due to pressure or overweight.
Also, the patient must be physically active and must not possess any allergy to metal implants. Hip Resurfacing is also a surgical solution for:
- Inflammatory Arthritis
- Fractures or dislocation in the hip joint
- Different types of osteoarthritis.
The Procedure for Hip Resurfacing Treatment:
Just like any other orthopaedic surgery, the first thing for hip resurfacing treatment is the diagnosis. The surgeon asks for the age of the patient, monitors the weight, perform some blood and imaging tests and analyse the overall physical and mental well-being of the patient before recommending the surgery.
Once the patient is qualified, the surgeon makes all the possible arrangements for the surgery.
- During the surgery, the surgeon may provide general or local anaesthesia to the patient.
- The next step is, to begin with, the incision at the infected area to gain access to the hip joint.
- He then removes the femoral head from the socket to place the metal cap over the hip ball. The surgeon may also carry out trimming if required.
- Now, he pushes out the cartilage lining, to remove the socket.
- Then the cup and the socket are joined precisely to restore the hip joint.
- The friction between the metal and the bone helps to connect all the joints of the hip bone.
- Once the surgeon restores the hip joint, he closes the incision.
- It may take 3 to 9 hours to complete the hip resurfacing surgery depending upon the criticality of the situation.
Hip resurfacing provides beneficial results in eradicating chronic pain and restoring the mobility of the hip joint.
Recovery After the Hip Resurfacing Treatment:
A patient needs to stay in the hospital for a minimum period of 72 hours. It is essential to observe the surgical reflections in the patient and notice the symptoms of complications if any.
The patient may experience pain at regular intervals after the surgery for 2 to 3 days. However, the doctor recommends the necessary medications to overcome anxiety or discomfort.
A physiotherapist will guide you, so there are no risks after the surgery. A hip resurfacing patient is asked to cough frequently and practice breathing exercises to avoid lung congestion or prevent other complications like a clot formation, infection etc.
For quick recovery after the hip resurfacing surgery, the doctor asks the patient to start walking within 24 hours of the surgery. However, the surgeon may provide you with supporting elements like a walker, stick or hand support for initial balancing.
Over resting may result in failure of the surgery or delayed recovery. The physiotherapist will guide you with some more therapies and natural exercises to restore the mobility and enhance the muscle strength of your hip joint.
After the successful completion of the rehabilitation period, the patient can get back to their routine activities. However, the recovery time may vary between 3 to 6 months.
Make sure you keep consulting with your surgeon at periodic intervals. Do not ignore, if you suffer any chronic pain after you are discharged and are back at your home. The situation requires immediate assistance.
Risks After the Hip Resurfacing Treatment:
Hip Resurfacing Surgery is usually successful. However, there exist certain complications like infection, blood clotting, internal bleeding, nausea, weakness, numbness in legs etc. after the surgery.
Taking medicines on time and following your follow-up schedule can help you avoid such difficulties.
Avoid heavy exercises immediately after the surgery. However, do not keep sitting at a place or sleeping. Keep moving; walking is essential to regain the strength of your hip joint.
The patient has to stay in the hospital for three days after the surgery and minimum a week in town for post-surgical consultation.
If you are not considering India for your treatment because you are not aware of medical facilities, top hospitals, best surgeons and preferable choice of clinic, bid goodbye to your worries. Denesa Health medical tourism company is here to provide you with the right assistance.
You need to approach them with your health issues, and they will provide you with all the necessary details and give relevant answers to all your queries.
Right from the moment you hire them for your healthcare travelling requirements, they serve you until you are back to your country after receiving the treatment. Not only that, but if you face any problems after the surgery, they will connect you with the surgeon for necessary follow-up.
So, what makes you wait? If your orthopaedic consultant has recommended hip resurfacing surgery, plan your medical tourism today. It will save your time, money and ensure the successful treatment too.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT HIP RESURFACING
Top Hospitals for Hip Resurfacing
New Delhi, India
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1959
BLK Hospital is a private-sector stand alone super speciality hospital based out of New Delhi, India. The hospital was established in the year 1959 in India. Although the founder had his own hospital in Lahore, Pakistan before partition since year..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2009
- Medanta The Medcity situated in the heart of the one of the most modernised and developed city of Gurugram in India. The hospital was inaugurated in the year 2009 by one of the most famous cardiac surgeons Dr Naresh Trehan, who had been pra..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2007
- Artemis and Agrim Institute of Neurosciences was developed in the year 2007. It is the first hospital in India accredited with JCI and NABH. Apart from the cutting edge clinical treatments, Artemis is also involved in advanced healthcare re..[Read More]
Top Doctors for Hip Resurfacing
22 years of experience , Gurugram
- MBBS GSVM MEDICAL COLLEGE, KANPUR, U.P.
- M.S. Ortho LLRM MEDICAL COLLEGE, MEERUT, U.P.
- Principles of Operative Fracture Management AO Switzerland
- Basic Surgical Skills Course Royal college of surgeons of Edinburgh
- Manage..[Read More]
27 years of experience , Gurugram
Dr IPS Oberoi, the most renowned orthopaedic surgeon, with extensive experience of more than two decades of his field, is currently working as a Head: Orthopaedics & Chief: Joint Replacement & Arthroscopy at Artemis Hospital, Gurugram. Dr IPS Oberoi is a specialist in Primary ..[Read More]
13 years of experience , Gurugram
- Dr Gurdeep Singh Ratra, currently as a Consultant orthopaedics at Columbia Asia Hospital, PalamVihar, Gurugram. He has an experience of over 13 years, & performed many orthopaedics surgeries and these..[Read More]
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.