LASIK SURGERY COST IN INDIA
- Treatment Cost
- Treatment Specification
- Top Doctors
- Top Hospitals
- Patient Testimonials
LASIK SURGERY COST IN INDIA
Lasik Surgery Treatment Price
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total Days in India
With the growing use of smart gadgets, every second person is suffering from vision defects. It may be myopia or hypermetropia. In both cases, one has to wear either spectacle or lenses to retain the vision.
Eye disorder can affect anyone irrespective of their age. If you do not find comfort in wearing specs or lens, you can opt for Lasik Surgery, to get the cure. The treatment is safe and secure. It helps you with the vision correction, and you do not even have to carry specs all the time. In short, you can refer to it as a specs removal technology.
LASIK SURGERY COST IN INDIA
If you are in search of a place where you can avail cost-effective as well as efficient treatment, plan your medical tourism to India. You will find the proceedings of the therapy are fluent and done with the use of the latest technologies. The surgeons in India excel in providing all types of eye treatments to clear the vision defect. They suggest the patients with alternative treatment options, who are unfit for LASIK Surgery. In short, it is possible to get the healing for all vision disorders in India that too, with accuracy and without risks.
The costs specified above are just the starting costs of the treatment. However, there are specific factors that affect the price of treatment; they are:
- If one or both the eyes require surgery
- The procedure followed for the treatment
- Vision defect
- Pre-surgical tests
- The overall medical condition of the patient
- Choice of hospital and surgeon
- Number of days disbursed inside and outside the hospital
- Miscellaneous expenses.
What is Lasik Surgery?
Lasik Surgery refers to the non-invasive operation, that is a treatment option for the correction of vision defect, including nearsightedness, farsightedness as well as astigmatism.
It works on the norm of reshaping the cornea. The procedure aims at clearing the front of the eye so that the image is precisely formed on the retina and not above or beyond.
There are three different procedures followed for Lasik Surgeries; it includes:
- Laser Procedures:
In this type of treatment, laser surgery focuses on changing the curvature of the cornea, so that the image correctly forms on the retina. It is one of the most commonly used specs removal techniques, as it is secure and most importantly, accurate. The medical disorders in patients, where specs removal is the prime concern; the doctors make use of this treatment procedure.
Laser procedures are of different types,
- Contoura Vision
In 98% of the eye disorders, this treatment is a success. However, the method is selected after performing several tests on the patient and their personalised conditions.
- Lens Implant Procedures:
LASIK Surgery is helpful for the patients and provides the expected results. But, the doctors cannot perform laser procedures in all the cases. So, an alternative for the vision corrections which are not fit for laser treatment is Lens Implantation.
In this method, a micro ultrathin lens that is equivalent to the power of your spectacles is permanently transplanted.
The necessary procedures used for Lens Implant are:
- EVO Visian ICL.
- Lens Exchange Procedures:
Reflective Lens Exchange is the process of replacing the original lens of the eye with an artificial lens that has a power equivalent to the lens of the eye plus your spectacles. The surgery is a bit complicated and usually performed on the patients who are not fit for both LASIK Surgery as well as Lens Implantation.
Lens exchange procedures is a possible treatment for:
- Multifocal Lens:
When a person suffers from a multiple vision disorder that is the nearsightedness as well as farsightedness.
- Monofocal Lens:
If the patient has either myopia or hypermetropia and not both; then doctors follow this procedure.
After the surgical treatments or vision correction methods specified above, a patient can regain his perfect sight.
Who is an Eligible Candidate for LASIK Surgery?
A patient is eligible for LASIK Surgery, if:
- The power of the eye is -1 to -8 or +1 to +5
- The power of your vision defect remains constant for a minimum of six months
- The thickness of the cornea is appropriate for the surgery
- The patient does not have dry eyes
- He or she suffers from linear or cylindrical vision defects
- They do not possess very high numbers for the spectacles.
Apart from that, the doctors perform some more screening for analysis of overall physical and mental health of the patient. It is essential to check if the body of the patient is fit for the surgery. Although there are no strict criteria to clear for the LASIK surgery, as it is no blade surgery; so it has the least complications.
Procedure for LASIK Surgery:
Before the surgery, the patient has to undergo screening under an eye surgeon. The standard test procedures include in-depth analysis of:
- Measuring the thickness of the cornea
- Corneal mapping
- Pupil dilation, and
- Eye pressure.
Once, you clarify the test procedures; you can clarify your doubts with the surgeon and progress for the treatment. Make sure you take all the prescribed medicines on time and do not miss on the same before the surgery.
If you wear contact lenses and not the specs, regularly; you will have to avoid it. It is recommended not to wear the lenses for a minimum of three to four weeks.
Girls should avoid using eye makeup for a month. Take a light meal before the surgery and follow all other instructions given by the doctor.
During The Surgery:
The surgery does not require any incision. The doctors accomplish the operation, with the use of an instrument called Femtosecond Laser or microkeratome.
The surgery is usually accomplished in the following steps:
- The first step is to create a thin layer in front of the cornea with the help of the instruments.
- The eyes are made numb using the eye drops. The surgeons do not make use of any shots or needles to perform the surgery.
- The flap of the cornea is removed to shape up the cornea to retain the desired sightedness.
- The cornea is then reshaped in the next step.
- The surgeons then check if the light is correctly focused on the retina.
- The flap is then put back to the place safely.
It takes nearly 10 to 30 minutes to complete the entire surgical procedure.
After the Surgery:
The procedure usually do not involve any complications. It take 24 to 48 hours to recover after the surgery. You may feel the dryness in your eyes for the initial period. However, it is possible to get the cure with the help of drops and medicines prescribed by the doctor.
What Can Be The Possible Complications After the LASIK Surgery?
The side-effects after the LASIK Surgery are rare and most importantly, temporary. So, the common complications are:
- Fluctuation in the vision or blurry vision for 24 to 48 hours
- Experiencing halos around the images formed on the cornea
- Difficulty in driving at the night
- Glare or double vision up to 48 hours
- Dryness in the eyes.
The more complicated risks involve:
- Problems in removal and placement of the flap before the cornea, during the surgery. It may result in permanent or non-curable vision defect. In 2% of cases resulting in blindness.
- Loss of the best vision.
However, the chances of complications are scarce. If we talk specifically about the surgeries in India, the success rate of LASIK Surgery in India is 99% that too, without any complications in the future.
Apart from the possibility of cost-effective and efficient treatment in India, you do not have to make much efforts to make the arrangements to avail the surgery in India. It is because you can find medical tourism companies like Denesa Health to guide you for the best possible treatment in India. The team is available for assisting medical tourists to India 24x7x365.
They will tell you about the best surgeons in India and all the right hospital that provide the surgery at affordable prices. Apart from that, they fix the appointment for diagnosis as well as surgery as per your preferences.
Top Hospitals for Lasik Surgery
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2008
- Columbia Asia Hospital, Palam Vihar, Gurugram was established in the year 2008. It is a multi-speciality hospital that is serving in different medical disciplines. When we talk about the best healthcare service providers in Gurugram, Columb..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2009
- Medanta The Medcity situated in the heart of the one of the most modernised and developed city of Gurugram in India. The hospital was inaugurated in the year 2009 by one of the most famous cardiac surgeons Dr Naresh Trehan, who had been pra..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2007
- Artemis and Agrim Institute of Neurosciences was developed in the year 2007. It is the first hospital in India accredited with JCI and NABH. Apart from the cutting edge clinical treatments, Artemis is also involved in advanced healthcare re..[Read More]
Top Doctors for Lasik Surgery
Ophthalmology, Cataract Surgery, Lasik Surgery, Retinal Surgery
18 years of experience , Gurugram
- Senior Consultant at Colombia Asia Hospital, Palam Vihar, Gurgaon.
- Senior Consultant at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kailash Colony, New Delhi.
- Visiting Consultant at Max Hospital, Panchsheel, New Delhi.
- Director at Biswas Eye Clinic, Greater Kailash, New Delhi. ..[Read More]
Cataract Surgery, Ophthalmology, Glaucoma, Femto-LASIK
32 years of experience , Gurugram
- Dr Sudipto Pakrasi a renowned ophthalmologist, [Read More]
Cataract Surgery, Ophthalmology, Retinal Surgery
12 years of experience , New Delhi
- Dr Vivek Garg is an experienced eye specialist extensively trained in performing cataract surgery using most advanced phacoemulsification technique.
- Dr Vivek Garg has experienced 12+ years in eye-related problems.
- He has performed 10000 +cataract surgeries.
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.