LIVER TRANSPLANT COST IN INDIA
- Treatment Cost
- Treatment Specification
- Top Doctors
- Top Hospitals
- Patient Testimonials
LIVER TRANSPLANT COST IN INDIA
|Liver Transplant Price||No. of Travellers||Days in Hospital||Days Outside Hospital||Total Days in India|
Each organ of the body has its importance. Be it a liver, kidney, heart, lungs or any other. Even the smallest nerve or muscle plays its role in keeping the functioning of the body intact.
Talking about the Liver, it is the part of the body that is responsible for detoxification of various metabolites, synthesising proteins and also produce biochemicals that are necessary for digestion. Apart from that Liver performs several other functions like production of hormones, regulating the storage of glycogen, and decomposing the red blood cells. In case there is any failure in the functioning of the liver, liver dialysis is used as the solution to make the liver function properly. But if it is for the long term, there is no solution or treatment known for the same. Scientists are continuously busy in research to develop artificial livers that can work just like natural liver in case of failure, but till then, the only solution to the problem is Liver Transplantation.
LIVER TRANSPLANT COST IN INDIA
The average cost of Liver Transplant in India as per the treatment in top hospitals of India is USD 29,000, which is far less than the cost of treatment in any other country. The cost of liver transplant in India is not common but customised for every patient, in regards to same there might be a variation of +_ 5%. The cost of the treatment is calculated based on the present medical conditions of the patient, medical reports, type of the liver transplantation surgery carried out, choice of room, duration of the treatment including pre, during and post-treatment conditions and other such conditions.
The overall cost of liver transplantation in India is a way less in comparison to any other country that is a choice for the heart transplant process. No matter you compare it with the cost of treatment with the country like US, UK, Thailand or Singapore. The cost of Liver Transplant in India is one-third of that of the highest cost of a liver transplant that is in the US. However, there is no change in the quality of care, infrastructure, hospitality or most importantly, the success rates.
What is Liver Transplant?
Liver Transplant refers to the surgical procedures carried out to replace the diseased or damaged liver. The surgeon removes the original diseased liver, and in place, transplants another liver from the donor. The liver donor can be either a deceased or living. There is no harm in receiving a liver from a living donor. Neither to donor nor receiver, if it is the perfect match else, it might be a harm to the receiver.
Many people across the globe are suffering from liver damage and are looking forward to a new liver. However, the available donors or livers for Liver Transplant are less than the requirement. Liver transplant, for now, is an option only to those who are critically ill and cannot survive without it. Thousands of liver transplants are being performed successfully in India every year. India has been a choice for patients across the world due to availability of skilful doctors and high success rate of liver transplantation in India.
Overview of Liver Transplant in India:
Liver Transplant is the option of survival who are facing end-stage liver failure or are suffering from liver cancer. In such cases, there is no option for the patients to undertake apart from the Liver Transplantation. Some of the recipients of liver undergo the Liver Transplant at the earliest while others have to wait for several weeks or several months sometimes. Liver failure in a person may occur in a span of a few weeks at a very rapid rate or acutely over some months or years. However, the damage levels can be entirely different as per the causes behind it.
The first-ever Liver Transplant in India was carried out about a decade ago in the year 1998 and was a huge success. It was carried out on a baby with the donor being his father. His father donated 30% of his organ to the child, and the child himself is a transplant surgeon today. Considering the present era, Liver Transplants in India is famous across all the nearby countries and has become the regional centre for Liver Transplants in South East Asia. Each Liver Transplant Centre in India carries out more than 100 liver transplants every year successfully. Almost 30 to 40% of all the liver transplants carried out in India are for the healthcare travellers. Looking at the success rate of the Liver Transplant in India, more and more medical tourists are attracted. Another reason that brings more medical tourists to India for Liver Transplant is an extremely reasonable cost of treatment.
Reasons for Carrying Out Liver Transplant?
As already discussed, short-term liver damage is fixable by dialysis, but for liver failure, the only solution for life is Liver Transplant. The most common conditions that call for liver transplant are:
- Certain diseases cause the scars on your liver, which leads to hardening of the liver and finally the failure.
- The other condition where you require Liver Transplant is a viral hepatitis infection. This infection causes swelling in the liver and finally, the failure.
- A condition of liver cancer is also curable only by Liver Transplant.
- Apart from all the conditions mentioned above, addiction to alcohol is also responsible for damage and failure of the liver. It is not recoverable and can be cured only by Liver Transplant.
- Genetic liver diseases.
- Liver diseases by birth.
Are You Suggested to Undergo a Liver Transplant? Know Whether or Not You Are Eligible for The Same?
You are supposed to check precisely whether or not you are eligible for the liver transplantation. You are supposed to go for the proper diagnosis, consultation and advice from the surgeon. Any transplantation carried out without appropriate test examination put you under risk that can be fatal. Once you meet the surgeon for Liver Transplantation in India,
- Share your past medical history, if any.
- If you are undergoing any medication at present, it is a must to share. Your healthcare condition must be utterly transparent between you and your surgeon.
- Do you possess any other infection apart from liver infection?
- Are you addicted to alcohol?
Once you have answered all the queries from the doctor correctly, you are supposed to clear all the doubts you have.
- Know what are the chances of survival after transplantation?
- Are there any risks involved after the surgery? If yes, what are they? Will it cause any issue in the long run?
- Who can be the donor? What if there is no live donor available from your family? Is it possible to go with a deceased donor?
- Know the cost of the treatment?
- In case you are undergoing the liver transplant to get rid of cancer, will it stop cancer from spreading any further?
Plan your treatment of Liver Transplant in India only after you get the satisfactory answers for all your ifs and buts. If the doctor highly recommends you for liver transplantation, do not think of delaying the process.
What is the Process of Liver Transplantation in India?
Before progressing with the liver transplantation in India, you have to undergo a set process. All the details are shared below.
Each who plan to undertake Liver Transplant in India has to undergo the phase-1 evaluation to get a final check for the suitability of the surgery. The evaluation process is carried out by a surgeon, and the liver transplant specialist referred to a Hepatologist. This process can take as long as the entire day. You have to be an empty stomach for the test. So do not eat or drink anything after midnight before the day of your appointment.
- Transplant List:
Once you have passed the evaluation process, the doctor put you in the Liver Transplant List. Now, the furtherance of the process highly depends on the availability of the donor. Once the donor is available, you will be called from the hospital specifying your schedule for the Liver Transplant.
- Transplantation Process:
The surgical process usually gets covered within the duration of five to six hours. However, there can be a little bit of variation in the time consumption depending upon the complexity of the surgery, experience of the surgeon, use of technique and technology etc. the process is carried out under the effect of the general anaesthesia. A tube is inserted in the food-pipe of the patient to allow the uninterrupted oxygen to the body. Talking about the complete liver transplantation process, including the pre-preparation, surgery and the post-surgical process it will take around 6 to 12 hours.
It is possible for most of the patients to recover from the Liver Transplantation process after the surgery, in an ICU. It may take a few hours to recover from the anaesthetic effect or may last for several days. The doctor put you under continuous examination until and unless they gain back the strength.
Returning to home after the transplant process may require a fortnight. However, you have to follow-up with the surgeon regularly. To get back to normality and function normally a body may require a period of 2 to 3 months. Once you have recovered, you can get back to your normal routine personal or professional within six months, although you have to go for diagnosis once before you start taking up with any of the activities. It is important to avoid any risks or infection.
Who can Guide you for Liver Transplant Medical Tourism to India?
There are numerous hospitals and cities in India where Liver Transplant is carried out. It is easy for the national patients to choose the right hospital for their treatment, but if you are a foreigner, you would undoubtedly require the assistance by the Medical Tourism Companies in India. Denesa Health is the best service provider that guides the patient in the best possible way to help them to get their treatment done successfully in India. If you are looking for Liver Transplant in India, contact Denesa Health where they can assist you with getting your:
- Medical Tourism Visa for India.
- Letting you know about the best liver transplant surgeons and hospitals in India.
- Helping you with travel from the airport to the hospital and vice versa.
- Booking your appointment with the surgeon and connecting for online assistance.
- It knows you the right cost of treatment that is Liver Transplant in India.
- They make the arrangements for a stay before, during and after your surgery.
- Schedule a revisit, if it's required.
- Extension of Visa period, if the treatment takes longer than the normal process.
An organ transplant surgery can be difficult to deal with emotionally, physically and mentally. So, to minimise the stress, it is important to have the right doctor, hospital and hospitality for your Liver Transplant. To receive the best in class services approach Denesa Health, who makes your Liver Transplant Medical Tourism to India, very easy and comfortable. The hospitals in India follow the global standards when we talk about infrastructure, treatment procedures, use of medical techniques etc. Everything is at its best and above all the surgeons who make sure to save your life after doing the successful liver transplantation. It allows you to regain your lost spirit and live your life once again at the fullest.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT LIVER TRANSPLANT
Top Hospitals for Liver Transplant
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2009
- Medanta The Medcity situated in the heart of the one of the most modernised and developed city of Gurugram in India. The hospital was inaugurated in the year 2009 by one of the most famous cardiac surgeons Dr Naresh Trehan, who had been pra..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1996
Fortis came into existence since 1996 and has been known for its excellence in healthcare early since its inception. It is a multi-speciality hospital that offers its services in India as well as abroad with specialisation in more than 55 medical ..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1999
- Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai is a part of world’s best chain of hospitals, IHH that is spread along Asia with its branches in Malaysia, Singapore, Turkey and India. The Global Hospital in Chennai closely relates to all the t..[Read More]
Top Doctors for Liver Transplant
21 years of experience , Gurugram
- Dr AS Soin leads India’s largest and one of the world’s most successful liver transplant programs at Medanta – The Medicity.
- He and his team is renowned for their 95% success rate, performing almost 25-30 successful transplants a month.
- His vast experienc..[Read More]
Center for Liver and Digestive Diseases
22 years of experience , delhi
- Life Member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Life Member of International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association Indian Chapter.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG).
- Member of International Association of Surgeons, Gastroen..[Read More]
22 years of experience , Gurugram
- Senior Consultant in Liver Transplant & HPB Surgery, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Involved..[Read More]
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.