MICRODISCECTOMY SURGERY COST IN INDIA
- Treatment Cost
- Treatment Specification
- Top Doctors
- Top Hospitals
- Patient Testimonials
MICRODISCECTOMY SURGERY COST IN INDIA
|Microdiscectomy Surgery Price||No. of Travellers||Days in Hospital||Days Outside Hospital||Total Days in India|
Spinal cord or the vertebrae in the backbone is highly essential for the effective functioning of a human body in day to day life. Any disorder in the spine can lead to severe issues in mobility. You may not be able to sit, stand, walk or even face problems during sleeping.
Over a decade ago, there were significant risks with the spine surgeries due to long cuts, low success rate, painful treatment, elongated recovery period and inconvenient rehabilitation. However, this is not the case now, especially if you are suffering any disorders related to herniated lumbar disorders.
With the recent advancements and researches in the field of science, it is now possible to treat spinal disorders with less complexity and high precision. The most efficient treatment for herniated lower back disorders is microdiscectomy.
MICRODISCECTOMY SURGERY COST IN INDIA
The starting cost of treatment in the US is USD 15,000, and it can go as high as USD 50,000. As it is one of the utmost expensive spine surgeries due to the use of advanced technology, assured recovery and minimum incision.
Now, if we talk about the cost of the same treatment in India, it starts at USD 4,200. Though it can vary as per the condition of the patient, still it is one-fourth the total expenses of the procedure in developed countries.
Also, the success rate of surgery in India is above 99%. You get to avail the treatment in the best in class hospitals by highly experienced surgeons that too without waiting much.
What is Microdiscectomy?
Microdecompression or Microdiscectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure used by the surgeons to treat the disorders due to herniated lumbar decompression.
In this process, the doctors remove specific sections of the herniated disc to relieve pressure from the compressed nerves and on the spinal nerve column. Since the process involves a minimal incision, there is very less risk in the treatment, and the patients can recover quickly.
Even the success rate of the surgery is very high. After the treatment, the patient can resume the regular life without bearing any pain and issues with body movements.
Who is the Candidate for Microdiscectomy Surgery?
A person suffering from sciatica pain due to disc herniation cannot get fit by adapting therapies, exercises, drugs and medication. It is because disc herniation causes enormous damage to the spine vertebral column of the body.
Disc herniation is a disorder that keeps on spreading. If you do not start the treatment in the initial stages, hernia starts spreading from lumbar nerves and start decomposing the spinal column. It pushes the compression from one nerve to another.
This issue leads to the development of severe pain in the lower body. When the nerve compression sends the signals of pain to the brain, it assumes the signs of being coming from the legs as all the nerves are interconnected with each other. Even, the patient suffering from sciatica suffers the inconvenience starting from calf muscles to the entire spinal cord.
Such patients can get relief from sciatica without surgery if they consult the doctor within the first few weeks. If the pain grows to a chronic level, it is impossible to treat disc herniation without surgery.
So, all the patients suffering from disc herniation or sciatica for more than 12 weeks, is an entrant microdiscectomy treatment. It is because only the microdiscectomy surgery provides healing in such cases.
The Procedure for Microdiscectomy Surgery:
A surgical procedure is a channelised group of action, to be performed sequentially. It requires equal involvement of the patients as well as the surgeon. For a microdiscectomy treatment, the step by step process is described below in brief.
The doctor first suggests the patient undergo the necessary diagnosis process. It can be probably an X-ray or other tests to analyse the situation of your vertebrae and get the location of the nerve compression.
Once the test process is complete, the patient and doctor together can decide a date for the surgery The patient has to make necessary arrangements at his end; like:
- Make sure a family or friend accompany you to the hospital. You may require help during and after the surgery.
- Pack all your necessary belongings in a bag for your stay in hospital.
- Take all the medicines on time as prescribed by the doctor, till the day of surgery.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle before surgery. Take balanced diet, add regular exercises and give up on alcohol and smoking, so that you can maintain overall physical and mental well-being.
- In short, follow the complete list of instructions as guided by the surgeon.
- Do not eat anything on the day of surgery. The surgeon may perform specific tests before beginning with the process.
The doctor gives anaesthesia to the patient. You will be unable to sense any pain during the entire surgical procedure. The surgeon will first make you lie on your stomach, and then carry on with further proceedings. To begin with the surgery:
- The surgeon makes an incision of one to six inches on the affected area of the disc.
- He then places a microscope with light over the incision to have clear visibility of the spot.
- Now, he adjusts or removes the bone covering the nerve root. Once he has access to the desired location, he removes the herniated portion of nerves to relieve the pressure.
- The incision is then padlocked with the help of sutures. The surgeon also provides the necessary support to the vertebrae if required and fixes it using nuts and screws.
- Once the patient regains consciousness, the doctor may discharge him on the same day or within 48 hours of the surgery.
To recover after the surgery, you have to be careful at home after discharge. As the surgery involve a minimal incision, your recovery time will be comparatively less than other spine surgeries.
For the initial two weeks, you might have to reduce your workload and take proper rest. The doctors may recommend you to not to involve in any activities that require bending more than 45 degrees or lifting weight more than 5 pounds.
However, you can get back to a regular routine after complete recovery. For speedy and safe recovery; the surgeon may ask you to seek guidance from an occupational therapist and of course, take your medicines on time.
The therapist will train you with specific, beneficial, yet straightforward exercises to retain your mobility and remain fit. Make sure you follow the instructions of the surgeon as well as therapist else you might face severe complications. Also, the failure during your rehabilitation period may lead to a breakdown of the overall surgery. You may not achieve the expected results and may have to undergo the microdiscectomy treatment again.
Complication After the Microdiscectomy Treatment:
Microdiscectomy surgery is safe and successful in almost 98% of the cases. However, there can be minor risks in one to two per cent of the patients. Some of the common dangers in a patient are:
- A cerebrospinal fluid leak
- A dual tear of the nerve section
- Inflammatory disorders
- Improper bowel moments
- Bladder Incontinence
- Damage of the nerve roots
- Clot formation
- Recurring of Disc Herniation
Well, you need not panic after reading about these post-surgical complications; as these are very rare. If you choose your doctor wisely, who is experienced and specialised in the treatment, you will never come across any problem after the procedure and can successfully complete your treatment.
Extra care during rehabilitation guarantees the success of the surgery. If you are a patient diagnosed with microdiscectomy disorder; you can visit India for the reliable as well as a cost-effective treatment.
India is a home for top surgeons with excellent records. If you are looking forward to availing the treatment in India, you can approach team Denesa Health Pvt. Ltd. It is one of the most efficient medical tourism companies in India, working towards patient’s satisfaction. They are in touch with more than 80 hospitals and all the top-notch doctors of India, thus can help in fulfilling the personalised requirement of the patient.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT MICRODISCECTOMY SURGERY
Top Hospitals for Microdiscectomy Surgery
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1996
Fortis came into existence since 1996 and has been known for its excellence in healthcare early since its inception. It is a multi-speciality hospital that offers its services in India as well as abroad with specialisation in more than 55 medical ..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2007
- Artemis and Agrim Institute of Neurosciences was developed in the year 2007. It is the first hospital in India accredited with JCI and NABH. Apart from the cutting edge clinical treatments, Artemis is also involved in advanced healthcare re..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1999
- Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai is a part of world’s best chain of hospitals, IHH that is spread along Asia with its branches in Malaysia, Singapore, Turkey and India. The Global Hospital in Chennai closely relates to all the t..[Read More]
Top Doctors for Microdiscectomy Surgery
Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon
17 years of experience , Gurugram
- Worked as Faculty in the Department of Neurosurgery at All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi for 10 years and also as an Adjunct Professor.
- Head of Department- Neurosurgery, Max Institute of Neurosciences, Max Super Specia..[Read More]
Neurology and Neurosurgery
18 years of experience , Gurugram
- Started the Spine surgery department at Artemis Health Institute.
- 2 years of clinical experience in spine surgery from the USA.
- Has performed more than 2000 spine surgeries including 250 deformity correction procedures (scoliosis and kyphosis), 150 lumbar and cervical a..[Read More]
Brain Tumor, Deep Brain Stimulation, Hydrocephalus & Neuroedoscopy, Complex Spinal Surgery, Neuronav
26 years of experience , Chennai
Dr. Nigel P Symss provides a comprehensive Neurosurgical and Spinal service at the Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai. He is an Indian trained and educated neurosurgeon with multiple international fellows..[Read More]
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.