( For Best Treatment In India )
Ophthalmic disorders are reported quite often. There are over six billion cases that are recorded only in India every year. The people suffering from eye diseases across the world are far beyond the imagination. All thanks to the extensive and prolonged use of mobile phones, TV, laptops.
However, these are some of the prevalent causes. Eye disorders sometimes can be found in children by birth. So basically, it is a health disorder that can be seen in people irrespective of their age and sex. The reason for some diseases is known while for others, it may remain undiagnosed.
However, patients suffering from ophthalmic disorders must not worry. It is because the treatment of ophthalmic diseases is possible, that too, without complications.
OPHTHALMOLOGY COST IN INDIA
The cost of ophthalmic treatment in India depends on several factors, including:
- Type of eye defect
- Eye disorder in one or both the eyes
- Type of surgery
- The procedure used for treatment
- Choice of surgeon and hospital
- Cost of tests
- Expenses involved in stay in the hospital or outside the hospital
You can now avail best-in-class treatment at a highly affordable cost. India is known for providing successful treatment at very reasonable prices. The starting cost of eye surgery in India for a single eye starts at USD 1,000 and can go up to USD 2,500.
The quote for the treatment of each patient is different depending on their medical condition.
What is Ophthalmology?
Ophthalmology refers to the branch of medical science that deals with the identification as well as treatment of eye disorders.
Some of the most common eye diseases that receive possible treatment under ophthalmology include:
- Proptosis or Bulged Eyes
- Excessive tearing
- Macular Degeneration
- Dry Eyes
- Refractive Disorders
- Diabetic Retinopathy
The treatment options for ophthalmic disorders is possible with as well as without surgery. Medical practitioners who deal on the field of the treatment of ophthalmic disorders are known as ophthalmologists. After the completion of pre-residential training, general medicine, paediatrics, practice in eye pathology can begin with the procedure. Some of the standard treatment options suggested by ophthalmologists include:
- Oral medications
- Non-surgical treatment using drugs and drops
- Ophthalmic surgeries and more.
Who is an eligible candidate for ophthalmic treatment?
Ophthalmologists consider treatment for patients who fulfil the following conditions:
- The patient must be of minimum 18 years of age. However, for some surgical procedures, the minimum age for the surgery is 21 years
- He or she must have an eye prescription with stable power for contact lenses or glasses for two to three years.
- Anyone suffering from astigmatism, myopia, hypermetropia or presbyopia
- The patient must not suffer from any severe health disorders
- Someone with refractive errors within limits, like:
- +4.00 D for farsightedness
- -10.00 D for nearsightedness
- +- 6.00 D for astigmatism
- Ophthalmologists consider the patients for treatment if the thickness of the cornea is within the desired limits
- The patient should not be pregnant or breastfeeding, at the time of surgery
The Procedure for Ophthalmic Treatment:
Before performing the surgery on the patient, the doctors put the patients under screening. Some of the standard tests performed for diagnosis and analysis of ophthalmic disorders include:
- Checks on retina
- Visual capability
- Intraocular Pressure
- Slit-lamp examination
- General eye and routine health checkup.
If these tests do not provide desired results, the surgeon performs particular specialised tests, which include:
- Fluorescein angiography
- Optical coherence tomography
During the Surgery:
The first step to start the treatment is giving anaesthesia to the patient so that the patient does not suffer any pain during the surgery. The anaesthesia for the ophthalmic treatment is not provided using any injection or medicines, but it is substituted in eyes using the eye drops.
The further proceedings depend on the eye disorder, diagnosis reports and also on the power of the eye.
However, all the treatments are done using laser technology and are non-invasive. An ophthalmologist uses safety precautions to complete the operation and avoid the side-effects.
There are several sub-specialities of ophthalmology, and all the top surgeons in India are well experienced with all the procedures. Ophthalmic surgeries performed in India are:
- Anterior segment surgery
- Medical retina
- Refractive surgery
- Orbit surgery
- Ocular oncology
- Veterinary ophthalmology
- Ophthalmic pathology
- Vitreo-retinal surgery
- LASIK Treatment
- LENS Replacement surgery and all others.
The doctor discusses the treatment procedure with the patient before beginning. You may discuss your queries and clear your doubts by talking to the ophthalmologist beforehand.
After the Surgery:
The patient may be under observation for 24 to 48 hours after the treatment. Also, in some instances, the patient may be blindfolded for at least 24 hours. The recovery after the surgery is immediate. However, you have to follow the instructions of an ophthalmologist and the medical team post-surgery to avoid any complications. Some of the standard guidelines during the recovery period are:
- Avoid the excessive of mobile phones.
- Do not go in intense light for a minimum of 72 hours.
- It is suggested not to watch TV or use laptops for a week and later restrict the time for 2 to 3 hours a day.
- In the case of LASIK surgeries, and specific other procedure, the patient is asked to avoid the sunlight and rainwater for a minimum of 40 days.
- Take the prescribed medicines on time, and also put eye drops as recommended. It is essential for a speedy recovery.
Post-Surgical Side-Effects of the Ophthalmology Treatment:
The complications after the ophthalmic treatment are very few. However, if you suffer any complications, the chances are that those are temporary, and it is possible to recover easily. Some of the common complications after the treatment are:
- Subconjunctival haemorrhages
- Discomfort and burning sensation in eyes
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dry eyes
The cure of these side-effects is possible using eye drops or medicines.
However, there can be some more prominent side-effects because of the improper treatment or complications during the surgery. The correction of these defects may or may not be possible. The major risks are:
- Vision loss or changes
- Flap issues and
- Permanent blindness.
Well, it is possible to avoid the side-effects by undergoing the treatment by experienced surgeons only and following preventive measures during the recovery period.
If you are planning to get an affordable treatment for your eye problems, you can plan your healthcare tourism to India. You can experience complete convenience by availing the treatment through Denesa Health Medical Tourism Company in India. The team of this medical tourism service providers is highly dedicated and are always on the go 24 x 7 x 365 to offer the best possible services to healthcare travellers in the country.
Right from your diagnosis to appointment, treatment and follow-up, the team will be there to assist you in every possible way. Apart from that, the team can help you with non-medical services like arrangement of your stay in India, arranging your pick-up and drop from airport to the hospital, helping you in getting the medical visa to India and much more.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT OPHTHALMOLOGY
Top Hospitals for Ophthalmology
Top Doctors for Ophthalmology
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.