( For Best Treatment In India )
PACEMAKER IMPLANTATION COST IN INDIA
Pacemaker Implantation Price
(For Single Chamber)
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total Days in India
Usually, the heart rate for an average adult is 60 to 100 beats per minute(bpm). However, the heart rate of a well-trained athlete can be lower. It can lie between 40-60 rpm.
The lower heart rate cannot be suitable for the overall well-being of a human body, and a considerable decrease or increase in the expected pace of the heart can have severe side-effects and at times can prove to be fatal.
The reasons for the deflection in the heart rate can be numerous, and it is possible to overcome the issue for people suffering from a lower or higher rate with the help of a surgical procedure known as a Pacemaker Implantation.
PACEMAKER IMPLANTATION COST IN INDIA
The price for pacemaker implantation starts at USD 3,400 for single chamber implantation, and it varies depending upon various factors that include:
- Requirement of Pacemaker
- Procedure of implantation
- Type of pacemaker used
- Cost of pacemaker
- Choice of Hospital
- Expenses in performing the treatment
- Preference of cardiologist
- Costs involved in tests and diagnosis
- Medications and drugs
What is a Pacemaker Implantation?
A Pacemaker Implantation refers to the surgical procedure of adding an electronic device to the chest of a human, known as a pacemaker. The cardiologists make use of a pacemaker to maintain the heart rate to the desired level and to avoid the lowering of heart rate to a dangerous level.
The device helps to regulate the heart rate and eliminate any electrical problems. Based on different types of heart issues, the cardiologists make use of different pacemakers.
Types of Pacemakers:
- Biventricular Pacemaker:
This type of pacemaker is used for the regulation of both the lower chambers of the heart. It includes the right and the left ventricle. Implantation of Biventricular Pacemaker regulates the desired heart rate without any affluence.
- Single Chamber Pacemaker:
Single Chamber Pacemaker is helpful in transferring the signals or electrical impulses to the right heart ventricles. An electrical pulse generator is usually responsible for generating such impulses.
- Double Chamber Pacemaker:
Dual Chamber Pacemaker transfers the electrical impulses developed by a pulse generator to both the right atrium and the right ventricle of the heart.
Who is a Candidate for Pacemaker Implantation?
The cardiologist recommends Pacemaker Implantation to the patient when medications and other minimally invasive surgeries fail to show any improvement in the condition of the patient. The process is generally used in patients suffering from:
- Atrial Fibrillation:
It is the widespread heart disorder found in the patients where the rhythm of the heart in the upper chamber is very high than the expected levels. If the cardiologists try to control it with the help of medicines, then, the heart rate drops down chaotically. So, to maintain the steady heart rate, the cardiac surgeons treat Atrial Fibrillation using Pacemaker Implantation.
- Congestive Heart Failure:
In this condition, the heart rate is insufficient to forward the necessary volume of blood and oxygen to the heart. Here the surgeon's implant the pacemaker and program to enhance the force of muscle contraction in the human heart.
It refers to an abnormality, where the heart beats at a prolonged rate than average expectancy and leads to the undesired consequences like:
- Vomiting etc
Opting for pacemaker implantation, the cardiologists bring back the heart rate to the standard rate that is between 60-100 bpm.
A patient may frequently faint due to a considerable lowering of the heart rate. A pacemaker can help to avoid such critical condition in the patient.
- Mismatch in the Timing of Atrium and Ventricle:
Due to the sudden drop in the beating of the heart, it is impossible to pump the blood, as it leads to loss of speed of atrium and ventricle. So the two chambers on the right side of the heart are unable to match the same rhythm necessary for regulating the blood flow. So, it gets essential to use dual pacemaker implantation to maintain the synchronisation.
The Procedure for Pacemaker Implantation:
The necessary proceedings for Pacemaker Implantation before, during and after the surgery are discussed below in brief:
- The first thing to initiate with the surgical procedure is to perform the required tests on the patient. It includes:
- Imaging tests
- Holter Monitoring
- Stress Test and
- Overall physical examination.
- Then, they check the fitness level of the patient for the surgery.
- Medications or medical history, if any.
- The patient must follow a healthy routine, including a better diet and regular exercises.
- Another essential pre-surgery requisite from the patient's end is to quit alcohol and smoking if he is addicted to it.
- The surgeons analyse the test reports properly and then decide on the suitable procedure & also the time for the implantation.
- The choice of Pacemaker Implantation depends on the:
- Heart disorder in the patient and
- Pacemaker requirement to overcome the signs and symptoms of the health disorder.
During the Surgery:
- The surgery begins by giving anaesthesia to the patient. Once he loses his consciousness, the doctors make an incision.
- The location of the incision depends upon the use of a pacemaker if its, single chamber, double chamber or biventricular.
- The cardiologist makes the connection between the pacemaker and the heart, using wires. These wires are carefully inserted in the subclavian veins and the affected chamber of the heart.
- Once the procedure for placement is complete, the surgeon checks the pacemaker connection and also perform necessary tests to know if the pacemaker gives the desired output.
- After complete satisfaction, the surgeons close the surgical incision and covers with the bandage.
- It takes nearly an hour or two to complete the surgery, depending upon its complexity.
- As the patient regains consciousness, the doctor's shift him to a critical care unit.
- The patient may feel some pain for a minimum of 48 hours after the surgery. The medical team may provide the patient with pain killers to suppress the intensity of the pain.
- Also, the patient is put under observation for 2 to 3 days to analyse the response of the body towards implantation. It also helps to know if the pacemaker functions precisely.
- The cardiologist may define the complete chart for follow-up for an initial six months, and the patient must visit the surgeon to avoid complexities. The surgeon might also make minor variations in the settings of the pacemaker depending upon the condition of the patient.
- To recover from the surgery, the patient will have to make significant changes in the lifestyle. He will have to remain fit and healthy. Regular exercise, along with medications and follow-up, is a must.
- It may take six months to 1 year for the patient to resume with regular life.
Complications After Pacemaker Implantation Surgery:
The complications after Pacemaker Implantation are infrequent. But, the surgery may result in rare risks in some of the patients. Such risks can be:
- Air Embolism
- Failure in getting expected output from the pacemaker. It may be because of various reasons, including:
- Breakdown of lead insulation
- Lead fracture
- Failure of the battery
- Improper Connection
- The problem in the sensor etc
- Another major complication after pacemaker implantation can be lead dislodgement. Usually, it occurs within the first two days after the surgery, and it is possible to fix the issue, as it is visible in the chest radiography.
It accounts for the total cost of treatment, but there can be some additional costs for travelling, food, stay, rehabilitation and medical visa for medical tourists.
If the patient counts every single minute expense throughout the healthcare trip in India, the overall costs would surely be less than one-third of the price of Pacemaker Implantation in the developed countries like the US.
The cost of medical procedures in India is very affordable, and the patient gets to receive the best quality successful surgery with complete follow-up and recovery guidance.
It might be difficult for the patients to get the appointment immediately, with top cardiologists in India. But, Denesa Health, one of the best medical tourism companies in India; understand the urgency of treatment for heart disorders.
The team can help the medical tourists to avail uninterrupted treatment in the best hospitals in India within the desired time limits. Denesa Health takes pride in associating in over 80 top hospitals of India along with 150+ best cardiologists.
So, if you are planning your medical tourism to India for cardiac surgery, approach Denesa Health with your personalised healthcare problems and receive the successful treatment at affordable prices from the first-rate surgeons of the world.
Top Doctors for Pacemaker Implantation
Cardiothoracic Transplant, Heart Transplant, Lung Transplant
30 years of experience , Chennai
Respiratory, Sleep Medicine, COPD
30 years of experience , Gurugram
Cardiac Surgery, Heart Lung Transplant
20 years of experience , Gurugram
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.