SCOLIOSIS SURGERY COST IN INDIA
- Treatment Cost
- Treatment Specification
- Top Doctors
- Top Hospitals
- Patient Testimonials
SCOLIOSIS SURGERY COST IN INDIA
|Scoliosis Surgery Price||No. of Travellers||Days in Hospital||Days Outside Hospital||Total Days in India|
Scoliosis is a spinal disorder that leads to sideways curvature in the human body. Most of the time, the consequences of scoliosis are insignificant, but in some cases, it may result in the severity of the condition. It is the most common spinal disorder that strikes the children before attaining the age of puberty. Scoliosis in children is called pediatric scoliosis that most probably occurs due to cerebral palsy and muscular dysfunction. In cases where the cause of the disease is not known, it is termed as Idiopathic Scoliosis.
However, not all types of scoliosis reflect its signs before the puberty; in certain situations, the sideways curvature reflects in adulthood. It is called as Adult or Idiopathic Adult Scoliosis. If the spine defect generates in the human body after the completion of a growth spurt, the condition occurs due to ageing. It is generally degenerative adult scoliosis, where it is possible to detect the cause of the disorder.
Now, the treatment of all types of scoliosis differs from one another and the degree of curvature. If the curve is mild and there are no further deviations, it is possible to treat the defect with the help of medications and exercises. But, if the sideways curvature is more than 45 degrees and continues to increase, it leads to several respiratory problems, and it is not feasible to cure without the surgery. The surgeons perform the Scoliosis Spinal Surgery to fix the curve and suppress the symptoms of scoliosis for critical conditions.
SCOLIOSIS SURGERY COST IN INDIA
The cost of Scoliosis Spine Surgery in India is economical. It ranges from USD 11,000 to USD 13,000. The price varies based on the below factors:
- Condition of the patient and complexity of the spinal disorder.
- The use of material for surgical implantation as the price of different materials is not the same.
- The overall expenses of the surgery also depend on your choice of surgeon and hospital.
What is Scoliosis Spine Surgery?
Scoliosis Spine Surgery usually involves the medical fusion of the spine with the help of screws, rods, wires and nuts. It is generally helpful in straightening of the curvature and providing the necessary support to the spine. Along with the fusion, the surgeons perform bone grafting too. He adds grafts over the spine.
The doctor derives the graft, usually from the pelvic bone of the patient. It grows and fuses with the spine resulting in diminishing the curve and providing back the original structure of the body.
Under What Conditions Scoliosis Spine Surgery is Helpful?
It is not practicable to handle the condition of the patient without surgical procedure if he is suffering from the following ailment due to Scoliosis.
- The patient has a spinal curve of 45 degrees or more after the complete growth of the spine or skeleton.
- The curve continues to grow, and the doctors can observe a periodic change of 1 to 2 degrees.
- There is no visible change in the physique of the patient, even after attaching braces. The curve remains to be more than 40 degrees.
- If the doctor confers the braces in a teenager and the curvature keeps on increasing even after puberty.
- Surgery is a must if the patient suffers acute pain due to continuous pressure on the spine.
- The condition leads to the uneven pairing of the shoulder.
The procedure of Scoliosis Spine Surgery:
Scoliosis differs in its signs and symptoms in every patient, and so does the techniques of the surgery. The method of operation highly depends on:
- Age of the patient.
- Location of scoliosis on spine.
- The complexity of the condition.
- Degree of the curve.
- Spinal maturity.
- Use of medical implants for the surgery and
- The clinical condition of the patient.
Before the Surgery:
Once the doctor is sure about the technique of the surgery, he begins with the diagnosis process. The diagnosis for Scoliosis Spine Surgery includes X-ray and blood tests. The patient also receives an in-depth examination of an anesthesiologist. This test is essential to check that the patient does not bear any allergy to anaesthesia.
During the Surgery:
The surgeon gives anaesthesia to the patient before beginning the surgical procedure. Now with the help of incision, the medical team anchors the long rod in the spine and fixes the curve with the help of nuts and screws. The furtherance of the method depends on the degree of lateral diversion.
The team adjusts the fusion completely to straighten the alignment of the spine. Now, the surgeon introduces the bone-grafts between the fusion. He may derive the bone-grafts either from the patient known as autograft or from the donor that is allograft.
It takes around 3 to 6 months for complete bone fusion. However, the results may appear after a year of the surgery. Till the merging of the newly graft bone, the rod provides the entire support to the spine. The doctor may or may not remove the rod, as it calls for another surgery. However, if it causes any irritation or risks infection in the patient, the surgeon removes the rod by another operation.
After the Surgery:
Post-operative care is critical and must to gain satisfactory results. A patient has to stay at least 5 to 7 days in the hospital after the operation. Here the doctor restricts the movement of the patient. They insert a tube in the urinary bladder to remove the waste from the body.
The medical team connects an epidural catheter to provide support for severe pain. The physiotherapist monitors the patient throughout the recovery period in the hospital. Before the discharge, a patient has to undergo the diagnosis process once again.
It takes 10 to 12 months for complete recovery of the patient. The patient must take care of at home after the surgery. There are several restrictions on the mobility of the patient for at least six months. After that, he must begin with exercises and therapies as per the guidance of the therapist. Cycling, running, and other activities help to gain back the functionality of the body after ten to twelve months.
Complications of Scoliosis Spine Surgery:
Scoliosis Spine Surgeries has specific difficulties; it includes:
- The catastrophe of fusion.
- Failure of artificial instrumentation.
- It may also result in loss of movement, especially in lower parts of the body.
- Heavy loss of blood.
- Failure of the surgery.
- Infection and
- Improper alignment of hips and shoulders.
However, it is possible to avoid the risks of the surgery under the supervision of top surgeons. India is home to some of the top experts who have a record of 90 to 95% success rate in performing scoliosis spine surgery. Also, the cost of treatment in India is affordable.
If you want to get the appointment with best surgeons and top-notch hospitals of India for Scoliosis Spine Surgery, you can approach Denesa Health, the best medical tourism company in India. Availing the treatment from best hospitals in India, you can surely overcome spinal disorders. In case, you are looking for help in accommodation, food, visa or any other amenities as a healthcare traveller in India, Denesa health is readily available for your assistance at every step.
So, plan your Scoliosis Spine Surgery to India to get rid of your spinal disorder at the earliest and to get satisfactory results.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT SCOLIOSIS SURGERY
Question 1: What is the best age for Scoliosis Surgery?
Answer: The adults with the scoliosis curve of 45 to 50 degrees shall consider undergoing surgery irrespective of their age. Non-operative solutions for scoliosis are a success only for patients below 15 years of age.
Question 2: Is it possible to get affected by scoliosis after the scoliosis surgery?
Answer: No. After undergoing the scoliosis treatment under the top surgeons in India and effective recovery care, you will not suffer from the disorder again.
Question 3: How much does scoliosis surgery cost in India?
Answer: Scoliosis surgery cost in India is USD 11,000 to 13,000. It is the minimum possible cost across the globe.
Question 4: Who is the best spine surgeon in Delhi NCR?
Answer: Dr Sandeep Vaishya from FMRI is one of the best spine surgeons in Delhi NCR with experience of over 17 years.
Question 5: Which is the best hospital for scoliosis surgery treatment in India?
Answer: Fortis Memorial Research Institute in Delhi NCR is one of the best treatment centres for scoliosis surgery in India.
Top Hospitals for Scoliosis Surgery
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2007
- Artemis and Agrim Institute of Neurosciences was developed in the year 2007. It is the first hospital in India accredited with JCI and NABH. Apart from the cutting edge clinical treatments, Artemis is also involved in advanced healthcare re..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 1996
Fortis came into existence since 1996 and has been known for its excellence in healthcare early since its inception. It is a multi-speciality hospital that offers its services in India as well as abroad with specialisation in more than 55 medical ..[Read More]
speciality: Multi Speciality
Established In: 2009
- Medanta The Medcity situated in the heart of the one of the most modernised and developed city of Gurugram in India. The hospital was inaugurated in the year 2009 by one of the most famous cardiac surgeons Dr Naresh Trehan, who had been pra..[Read More]
Top Doctors for Scoliosis Surgery
Neurology and Neurosurgery
18 years of experience , Gurugram
- Started the Spine surgery department at Artemis Health Institute.
- 2 years of clinical experience in spine surgery from the USA.
- Has performed more than 2000 spine surgeries including 250 deformity correction procedures (scoliosis and kyphosis), 150 lumbar and cervical a..[Read More]
Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon
17 years of experience , Gurugram
- Worked as Faculty in the Department of Neurosurgery at All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi for 10 years and also as an Adjunct Professor.
- Head of Department- Neurosurgery, Max Institute of Neurosciences, Max Super Specia..[Read More]
Brain Tumor, Deep Brain Stimulation, Hydrocephalus & Neuroedoscopy, Complex Spinal Surgery, Neuronav
26 years of experience , Chennai
Dr. Nigel P Symss provides a comprehensive Neurosurgical and Spinal service at the Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai. He is an Indian trained and educated neurosurgeon with multiple international fellows..[Read More]
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.