( For Best Treatment In India )
VENTRICULAR ASSIST DEVICE VAD COST IN INDIA
VAD Treatment Price
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total Days in India
For the desired functioning of the heart, it is essential that all the four chambers and ventricles are working in synchronisation. The failure of even a single ventricle can act as a hindrance in the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
The ventricle of the heart is responsible for necessary pumping. Any disorder in the ventricle may result in total heart failure. However, with the advancement of medical sciences, it is now possible to fix the ventricle disorders by using VAD.
VENTRICULAR ASSIST DEVICE VAD COST IN INDIA
The starting price of VAD implantation for the single ventricle failure is USD 4,600. There can be significant changes in the cost depending upon other factors, including:
- The type of disorder
- Procedure of treatment
- Choice of cardiologist and hospital for treatment
- Price of VAD.
However, the cardiological treatment cost in India is highly affordable in comparison to other parts of the world. If your doctor suggests you for a VAD implantation, you can consider India for the treatment.
It is possible for a patient to receive a personalised quote for the surgery based on their overall health by contacting the few best cardiologists in India online.
If you are unable to get online assistance, you can hire Denesa Health for your medical tourism assistance to India; it is one of the top-notch healthcare assistance providers in the country.
They will immediately get you a quote for your treatment from the most preferred cardiologist of India.
What is a VAD?
VAD refers to a Ventricular Assist Device that acts as an artificial mechanical pump. When a single ventricle of the heart fails, the cardiologists make use of VAD to maintain the necessary flow of blood throughout various organs of the human body. VAD, in short, is a lifeline for people suffering from severe heart failure.
The patient can get back to a healthy life after the VAD Implantation. Ventricular Assist Device consists of four main parts, they are:
- Pump that attaches to the affected ventricle in the heart.
- External Controller, necessary to monitor the functions of the artificial pump inside the body.
- Power Sources or Battery that enables the working of the pump and the controller.
- Driveline Cable, required to connect the pump and the controller.
A VAD forms the mechanical circulatory system of a human body. It is possible to place VAD in either left or right ventricle of your heart, but the cardiologists most commonly use the left ventricle for implantation of VAD.
When VAD is connected to the left ventricle, it is called a Left Ventricular Assist Device or LVAD.
Who Can be a Candidate for LVAD Implantation?
The doctors usually suggest VAD implantation in patients having following heart disorders:
- A person who has a weak heart, unable to perform desired heart function
- Failure of either single or both ventricles of the heart
- Heart Failure
- Cardiologists opt for VAD implantation in people who are unfit for open heart surgeries and suffering from end-stage heart failure
- If the patient cannot undergo heart transplantation due to overall health conditions
- To improve the functioning of the heart, in case of temporary heart failure.
The Procedure for LVAD or VAD Implantation:
Before beginning with the process, the cardiologists suggests specific tests and diagnosis on the patient. The results or diagnosis reports determine if the patient is fit for VAD implantation or not.
The tests and diagnosis may consist of:
- General Physical Tests and
All the tests are essential to locate the failed ventricle and mark the place for implantation of VAD.
- The cardiologist generally begins with using general or local anaesthesia on the patient. However, the person is first tested for any allergies towards the use of anaesthesia; to avoid former complications.
- Now, the surgeon makes an incision on the left side of the chest, just below the collar bone for the placement of VAD.
- Here, the main pump of VAD is placed, and it is then connected to the left ventricle using the driveline wire.
- Apart from that, all the necessary connections of the device are made with the battery and also the external controller.
- Once the VAD implantation is complete, the surgeon closes the incision.
It is a minimally invasive surgery and does not involve any significant risks like open heart surgeries.
After the Surgery:
The patient is kept under observation for 48 hours in ICU. The surgeon may not immediately start the VAD unless the patient attains stability. Once the patient regains the senses and the immune system of the body accepts the remote part, the surgeon switches on the external controller to check if VAD performs the necessary function.
As the device has an external controller, it is feasible to make the required changes conveniently.
Once VAD works in the desired manner and starts circulating the blood, the surgeons shift the patient to the critical care unit. The patient has to stay back in the hospital for at least five days after the surgery.
Here the medical team provides 24x7 assistance to the patient and guides him with necessary do's and don'ts after the discharge.
The patient has to visit the hospital periodically after the surgery to ensure the safety and allow the surgeon to make necessary changes in the device if required.
Adapt to a healthy lifestyle and maintain body weight within the standard limits for a speedy recovery. Continue to take the prescribed medicines to avoid any complications.
Risks After VAD Implantation:
Earlier VAD was performed with a traditional methodology of open heart surgery and involved significant risks. However, the surgical procedure is now minimally invasive, but at times, the cardiologists have to follow open heart surgery only. Because it is not possible to treat the condition with minimal incision. In such cases, some of the rare complications can be:
- Bleeding, though the surgeons use blood thinning agents to avoid excessive loss of blood.
- Infection, as the power controller of VAD, lies outside the body and connected through the skin to the internal pump; the chances of infection are higher.
- Failure of the right ventricle, in case of LVAD, is common if the controller doesn't function properly. It will make your left ventricle to pump more blood failing synchronisation between the two ventricles and finally the patient need implantation for the right ventricle also.
- Device malfunctioning, the reason for the improper performance of VAD is not one but many. The failure of implantation can be because of:
- Insufficient power supply to the device
- The pump does not deliver enough blood to the heart
- The external controller is deprived of necessary settings
- The improper connection between different parts of VAD.
If the patient faces any of the signs specified above, he must rush to the cardiologist, for mediate medical assistance.
Denesa Health will not only provide you with online assistance but will be your best medical travel partner if you plan your medical tourism in India. You can always find the team by your side to help you in every possible way.
No matter it is related to making your medical arrangements, your visa, food and lodging or any other personalised requirements.
Top Doctors for Ventricular Assist Device VAD
Cardiac Surgery, Heart Lung Transplant
20 years of experience , Gurugram
Cardiothoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery
14 years of experience , Gurugram
20 years of experience , Chennai
19 years of experience , Gurugram
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.