( For Best Treatment In India )
VENTRICULAR SEPTAL DEFECT VSD COST IN INDIA
Ventricular Septal Defect Price
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total Days in India
Ventricular Septal Defect is a heart defect present a person since birth. It usually refers to the hole in the septum, that is the wall of separation in the lower chamber of the heart. The septum allows the transfer of oxygen-rich blood from the left side of the heart to the right side and then finally to the lungs.
Some of the small-sized VSDs closes by themselves and are not at all harmful for the patient. However, the medium or large size openings can affect the overall function of the heart, and it calls for surgical repair to avoid any complications or say the risk to life.
VENTRICULAR SEPTAL DEFECT VSD COST IN INDIA
VSD treatment is possible in India at a starting price of USD 4,500. However, there can be changes in the cost of treatment depending upon the medical condition of the patient and personalised choice of the patient in terms of:
- Room for a stay in hospital
- Hotel for lodging outside the hospital
- Tests and diagnosis
- Rehabilitation etc.
In spite of taking all the viable factors in consideration, the cost of treatment in India is very less in comparison to any other country in the world.
What is Feasible Ventricular Septal Defect Treatment?
Ventricular Septal Defect Treatment refers to a surgical procedure that patches the hole present in the septum permanently and helps to gain back the standard functionality of the heart.
It is necessary to undergo the VSD treatment if the opening does not close in the patient by the age of 10 years. Else it can prove to be fatal.
Who is a Candidate for Ventricular Septal Defect Treatment?
It is not possible to detect the VSD if it is small in size, as it does not show any signs and symptoms. It may not even cause any harm. However, if a patient has a medium to large sized Ventricular Septal Defect, there can be some visible symptoms like:
- Insufficient dietary habits
- Fluctuations in the rate of breathing. At times it can be very high, and sometimes the patient can suffer breathlessness
- Low activeness in daily life
- Inability to perform physical activities for a prolonged time
A doctor can detect the large sized holes in an infant in the mother's womb itself using an ultrasound. If not, when the patient reaches the doctor, due to abnormal symptoms in the body, it is easy to detect VSD as the heart makes a murmuring sound.
So, all the patients with the above symptoms having a medium or large size opening in the septum have to undergo surgery.
The Procedure for Ventricular Septal Defect Treatment:
Before the Surgery:
A patient has to undergo several tests and a complete diagnosis process over the body, to check the possibility of the surgery. The tests include:
- Imaging tests:
- Chest X-Ray
- Blood Tests:
- To check the diabetic level
- Blood group
- General Tests
- To determine the fitness level of the body
- To ensure the patient does not suffer from any other major medical disorder.
During the Surgery:
The doctors give general anaesthesia to the patient so that he does not have to bear any considerable pain during the surgery.
Based on the size of the hole, the location of the opening in the septum and the analysis of the test reports, the cardiologist decides on the type of the surgery. He can either opt for open-heart surgery or minimally invasive surgery.
Both the surgeries aim at patching the opening in the septum. It is not possible to perform minimally invasive surgery all the time, so the cardiologists go with open heart surgery in maximum cases.
- The surgeon provides an extended cut in the chest bone and opens it to gain access to the aortic septum. The incision can be profound, and 4 to 6 inches long.
- He then closes the hole and checks for the necessary transfer of blood from the heart to the lungs and vice versa.
- The heart is usually stopped during the operation, and the overall respiratory system along with the heart; is connected to a heart-lung bypass machine.
- As the opening is closed correctly, and necessary function of the heart is regained, the cardiologists seal the incision using the wire.
After the Surgery:
The patient is in the ICU for 48 hours to check the proper performance of the heart. If all the things are normal, he is shifted to the critical care unit.
Here, the medical team guides him for food habits and also the essential exercises to be implemented in daily routine along with dosage for medications.
After a stay of 4 to 5 days in the hospital, the patient is discharged. However, he has to follow the instructions by the doctor even at home and not miss on conventional medicines to avoid complications.
A medical tourist is supposed to be in town for 10 to 15 days even after discharge for follow-up. If the condition of the patient is critical, the surgeon may ask him to seek admission in the rehab centre for easy recovery.
Complications After Ventricular Septal Defect Treatment:
Though the success rate of cardiac surgery in India is above 95%, yet the open heart surgeries involve a few complications like:
- Excessive bleeding
- Weakness and Numbness in limbs
- Blood clotting
- Heart stroke and
- Heart attack.
However, if the cardiologist is experienced, the patient hardly suffers any considerable disorders and can live a normal healthy life once again.
The count of medical tourists in India is increasing each day. It is undoubtedly because of the presence of best doctors and hospitals in India.
There are some additional factors too that attract people across the globe; they are:
- The success rate of surgeries
- Affordable cost of treatment and
- Also, medical tourism companies.
Medical Tourism companies like Denesa Health take complete care of healthcare travellers and make them feel at home. Right from their online assistance to follow-up care and everything in between, Denesa Health delivers all the satisfactory services to a patient.
About Denesa Health
Who we are?
Health and Tourism can work well if you get the right assistance for places, doctors, treatment schedule, accommodation and cost of treatment involved. Do not hassle and be carefree while you are planning for your medical tourism. Denesa is here to expect the best for medical travellers. Neither the mental stress nor physical exertion is good for the patient. So, why to worry about that when your all-time medical tourism partner Denesa Health is with you be it a well-planned surgery or travel in case of emergency. Contact Denesa Health to avail of different kinds of Medical Tourism requirements. You take care of your health and focus on getting better with every day.
To serve our clients with the best options to go for their treatment. To make them available with top-notch medical specialists and hospitalisation in India. We make sure that patients visiting from different countries get the best quality of therapeutics within their budget.
Fronting as a leading and most trusted medical tourism service provider.
The Objective of Denesa Health:
To facilitate the patients with the best quality doctoring for their illness. We help our customers with:
- ● Getting the exaction about the cost of treatment.
- ● To fix an appointment with the appropriate surgeon as per the convenience at both the ends.
- ● Helping with foreign travel and visa formalities.
- ● Arranging for remote consultation.
- ● Travel arrangements and booking.
- ● Finding the nearest accommodation and food for patients and family.
- ● Getting the treatment done at the earliest possible.
- ● Assistance with language translators.
- ● To accomplish all the formalities before, during and after the therapy.
- ● Currency exchange.
- ● Regular follow up post surgery for the recovery.
Presently, Denesa Health helps outpatient from countries including Cambodia, Kenya, Liberia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe to find the excellent solution to their aids in India.
Why Denesa Health?
Denesa Health has always been a choice for medical tourism because of the highly dedicated team that works with complete dedication to assisting the personalised requirements of the sufferer.
Denesa Health can assist the customer expectation as it has a favourable association with:
- ● 80+ Hospitals
- ● 1000+ Doctors
- ● 500 Connecting Professionals
- ● 2000+ Hospital Rooms
- ● 50+ Ambulances
- ● 400+ Contented Patients
, and is continuously expanding to serve in different health realms.
We are striving at our best to connect with significant hospitals and surgeons to provide unmatched treatment for our global patients in India.