( For Best Treatment In India )
Dr A S Soin, Gurugram
- Dr AS Soin leads India’s largest and one of the world’s most successful liver transplant programs at Medanta – The Medicity.
- He and his team is renowned for their 95% success rate, performing almost 25-30 successful transplants a month.
- His vast experience includes over 2500 liver transplants, which is the highest in the country.
- Over his 21 years, Dr Soin has also performed more than 12000 other complex liver, gall bladder and bile duct surgeries, & is renowned for his pioneer work in establishing liver transplantation in India.
- He is responsible for training most of the liver teams in the country.
- Liver Surgeries.
- Choledochal Cyst.
- Portal Hypertension.
- Liver Transplantation.
LIST OF AWARDS
- RD Birla, 2011.
- Swastha Bharat Samman, 2011.
- E-Medinews award, 2011.
- Achievements listed in Limca Book of records, 2007, 2008, 2009,2010.
- DMA Award, 2010.
- Padma Shri, 2010.
- Medindia Oration and Medindia Award, 2008.
- DMA Distinguished Services Award, 2005.
- Awarded Visiting Fellowship at the Kyoto Liver Transplant Unit British Transplantation Society Bursary, 1997.
- Awarded research grant from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, 1996.
- Awarded British Transplantation Society Bursary, 1994.
- Ranked first in All India selection exam, 1990.
- Best Postgraduate Student in Surgery medal at AIIMS, New Delhi, 1989.
- Best Student in Surgery medal at AIIMS, New Delhi, 1985.
- Clin Otolaryngol: How We do it: A technique for the orientation of endoscopically resected laryngeal specimens; Clinical Otolaryngology A technique for the orientation of endoscopically resected laryngeal lesions, 2007.
- Sleep Medicine: Thyroxine replacement therapy reverses sleep-disordered breathing in patients with primary hypothyroidism, 2006.
- Sleep Breath: Prediction of obstructive sleep aponia in patients presenting to a tertiary care centre, 2006.
- Memberships & Certifications:
- Life member of association of Surgeons of India.
- British Transplantation Society.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- Indian Society of Organ Transplantation.
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology.
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology.
- Indian Society of Nephrology.
- Asian Society of Organ Transplantation International Society of Liver Transplantation.
- Founder Member and Trustee of the Human Organ Procurement and Education (HOPE) Trust.
- Journal of American College of Surgeons: Evolution of a reliable biliary reconstructive technique in 400 consecutive living donor liver transplants, 2010.
- Dig Surgery: Does the presence of a lump or jaundice in a patient with gall bladder cancer mean the lesion is not respectable, 2009 and many more.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- FRCS (Gen Surgery) Intercollegiate Board in General Surgery (subspecialty – Transplant Surgery), 1997.
- FRCS (Glasgow) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, 1993.
- FRCS (Edin) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 1993.
- Primary FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 1992.
- MS (THESIS) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1989.
- MBBS All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1985.