Contact Us +91-7428231453
Dr Ashok Rajgopal, Gurugram
Dr Ashok Rajgopal, Gurugram
- Chairman: Musculoskeletal Disorders and Orthopaedics
- 45 Years
- M.B.B.S,MS, MCH, FIMSA, FRCS
- Knee Replacement, Hip Replacement, Joint Replacement, Hip Resurfacing, Shoulder Arthroscopy, Ankle Arthroscopy
- Dr Ashok Rajgopal is one of the best Orthopaedic Surgeon in India. He has a vast experience of more than four decades of his field. Dr Rajgopal, currently as a Group Chairman, Institute of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Orthopedics at Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram. He has done more than 30,000 total knee replacement surgeries to his credit worldwide. Dr Rajgopal is the first to perform the bilateral procedure and minimally invasive total knee replacement surgery in India. He has designed and developed patented instruments for MIS total knee replacement surgeries, now used by surgeons worldwide.
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgeries
- Arthroplastic Surgeries
LIST OF AWARDS
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Alumni Association of Sancheti Institutes, Pune, 2016
- Life time award, APAS (Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society), 2016
- Dr. BC Roy award “To recognize the best talents in encouraging the development of specialities in different branches of Medicine”, 2014
- Padma Shri award for recognition of surgical excellence and contribution to the field of Orthopaedics, 2014
- Vishishita Chikitsa Ratan Award, 2012
- Bharat Shiromani Award for professional excellence in the field of Orthopaedics, 2008-2009
- Distinguished Service Award - Delhi Doctor Association, 2004
- Knee Ratna Award, IMA, New Delhi, 2002
- Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Member of Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Member of The International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- Founder Member, Vice President and Elected President of Indian Hip and Knee Society.
- President of Indian Arthroscopy Society.
- Member of General Medical Council (UK).
- Member of Indian Association of Sports Medicine.
- Chairman of Joint Replacement State of Art.
- Holds the Unique Distinction of Performing 28 Total Knee Replacement Surgeries in Under 12 Hours.
- First to perform bilateral procedure and minimally invasive total knee replacement surgery in India.
- Internationally renowned Orthopaedic surgeon with more than 30,000 total knee replacement surgeries to his credit.
- Designed and developed patented instruments for MIS total knee replacement surgeries, now used by surgeons worldwide.
- Has Completed 25,000 Total Knee Replacement Surgeries in Thirty Years of Practice.
- Has The Honour of Becoming the First Orthopaedic Surgeon in India Who Has Carried Virtual Total Knee Replacement.
- Over 30,000 total knee replacement surgeries to his credit.
- Numerous publications and Presentations in National and International Conferences.
- Group Chairman, Institute of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Orthopedics at Medanta The Medicity, Gurgaon.
- Chairman, Institute of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Orthopedics at Medanta Mediclinic, Defence Colony.
- Executive Director and Chairman, Bone and Joint Institute at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla Road.
- Executive Director and Chairman, Bone and Joint Institute at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon.
- Chairman, Bone and Joint Institute at Medanta - The Medicity, Gurugram.
- Senior Consultant, Orthopedics at Sehgal Neurological Research Institute, Kailash Colony.
- Director, Orthopedics at Fortis Hospital, New Delhi.
- Head, Orthopedics at Sitaram Bhartia Institute, New Delhi.
- Senior Consultant, Orthopedics at Moolchand Hospital, New Delhi.
- Senior Resident, Orthopedics at Ormskirk General Hospital, Lancashire, United Kingdom
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- F.R.C.S. from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, 2010
- F.I.M.S.A., from International Medical Sciences Academy, 1996
- M.Ch. (Ortho) from University of Liverpool, 1983
- M.S. (Ortho),from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1979
- M.B.B.S. from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune University, 1974