Dr. Hitesh Garg, Gurugram, Gurgaon
- Designation : Sr. Consultant & Head (Unit- IV)
- Qualifications: MBBS,MS
- Experience: 1 Years
- Speciality: Spine Surgeon,Cervical Decompression,Scoliosis,Orthopaedics
- Category: Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Hospital :Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- Location : Gurgaon, Haryana
- Dr Hitesh Garg a renowned name in the field of Spine. He has started the Spine surgery department at Artemis Health Institute. Dr Garg has performed more than 2000 spine surgeries including 250 deformity correction procedures (scoliosis and kyphosis), 150 lumbar and cervical artificial disc replacements. He has over 18 years of experience in spine surgery including 2 years of clinical experience from the USA. Dr Garg is currently working as a Sr. Consultant & Head (Unit- IV) at Artemis Hospital, Gurugram.
- Performing the most advanced spine surgery procedures like fusion-less techniques for deformity correction, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries and degenerative spine. Dr Garg is officially certified from Synthes Spine Advancing Technologies Forum, Pennsylvania to perform Prodisc-C and Prodisc-L implantation procedures. He also has experience in doing all kinds of orthopaedic trauma.
List of Awards
- Dr Pandurang Award for the “Best Orthopaedic Resident” for the year 2006-07 at KEM Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai.
- Selected among the top 12 nominees out of 298 submissions for All Asia Young Inventor Award organized by Hewlett Packard (Dec 2000), for work on Homemade spacer for asthmatic patients. The work was mentioned in “Far Eastern Economic Review” (Dec, 2000).
- Ranked 5th in All India Pre-Medical Entrance Examination (1996).
- Ranked 2nd in Punjab Pre-Medical Test (1996).
- Dr Hira Lal Sharma Memorial Gold Medal (1996-97) for standing first in Punjab School Education Board (Std XII) in the state of Punjab.
- Privileged to sign the college Roll of Honour (1996-97).
- Merit Certificate and Silver medal from Punjab School Education Board.
- National Level Science Talent Search Examination Scholarship.
- Certificate of Merit for being among the top 0.1% of the successful candidates for All India Secondary School Examination in Mathematics.
- Organization of Basic and Advanced Spine Cadaveric Workshops at KEM hospital Mumbai.
- Completion of Artificial Disc Replacement Training at Spine Masters Institute, Burr Ridge, Chicago in 2008.
- Special Training Course on Prodisc C and Prodisc L at Synthes Spine Advancing Technologies Forum, Pennsylvania.
- BLS and ACLS Certification.
- Started the Spine surgery department at Artemis Health Institute.
- 2 years of clinical experience in spine surgery from USA.
- Has performed more than 2000 spine surgeries including 250 deformity correction procedures (Scoliosis and kyphosis), 150 lumbar and cervical artificial disc replacements.
- Performing the most advanced spine surgery procedures like fusionless techniques for deformity correction, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries and degenerative spine.
- Officially certified from Synthes Spine Advancing Technologies Forum, Pennsylvania to perform Prodisc-C and Prodisc-L implantation procedures.
- Experienced in doing all kinds of orthopaedic trauma.
Education & Training
- MBBS (AIIMS, New Delhi).
- MS (Ortho, KEM, Mumbai).
- Fellowship in Spine Surgery (Yale University, USA).
- Fellowship in paediatric spine (Philadelphia, USA), Joint Replacement Fellowship (AIIMS)