Dr Krishnan Ganapathy Subramaniam,Chennai, Chennai
- Designation : Cardiologist
- Qualifications: MBBS,MS,MCH
- Experience: 20 Years
- Speciality: Coronary Artery,Coronary artery disease,Aortic Valve Replacement AVR,Mitral Valve Replacement MVR,Atrial Septal Defect ASD,Ventricular Septal Defect VSD
- Category: Cardiology
- Hospital :Fortis Hospital, Malar
- Location : Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Dr Ganapathy Subramaniam is a renowned Cardiac surgeon of experience of over 20 years. He has specialisation in the practice of Valvular insufficiency (leaking or regurgitation), Coronary artery disease (artery blockage), Congestive heart failure (ineffective heart muscle), Valvular stenosis (blocked or narrowed valves), Left ventricular aneurysm (stretched heart muscle), Myocardial infarction (heart attack), Thoracic aortic aneurysm (stretched aorta in the chest).
Dr Ganapathy Subramaniam, an active member of KMC, IMA, MRCS, and Royal College of Surgeon of Edinburgh ( UK). Dr Ganapathy Subramaniam has numerous publications in journals in their respective field.
- Neonatal Cardiac Surgery.
- Cost Containment in Cardiac Surgery.
- Surgery for Heart Failure.
- ECMO and assist devices.
- Aortic Surgeries.
- Tissue Engineering and Bone Marrow Transpant in Cardiac Surgery MENTION IN MARQUIS WHO’S WHO 26th edition 2009.
List of Awards
- Young Investigator Award for the role of decellularized Xenografts- Paediatric Cardiac Society of India (Delhi), 2006.
- Award for best oral presentation in PCSI (Chennai) for Tailor-made bicuspid PTFE valve for RVOT reconstruction - 2012.
- Chowdhury UK, Mishra PK, Sharma R, Arian B, Ganapathy SK, Kothari SS, Bhan A, Patel CD and Venugopal P. Postoperative assessment of the univentricular repair by dynamic radionuclide studies. Ann Thorax Surg 2004; 78: 658-665.
- Chowdhury UK, Arian B, Mishra PK, Kothari SS, Ganapathy SK, Ray R, Singh R and Venugopal P. Histopathology and morphometry of the radial artery: Basic study and clinical application. Ann Thorac Surg 2004; 78: 1614-22.
- Author for more than 20 books for different publications.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Jan 1999 Dec 2001.
- Junior Resident – Dept of Surgery All India Institute of Medical Sciences Jan 2003 Mar 2005.
- Senior Resident – Dept of Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery Frontier Lifeline.
- Currently working as Consultant Cardiac surgeon in Fortis Malar Hospital from Jan 2016.
- Independent consultant Paediatric Cardiac Surgeon.
- Paediatric cardiac surgeries ranging from arterial switches, Sinning’s procedure, Rastelli procedures with ‘home made’ conduits, complete AV canal repair, minimally invasive atrial septal defect closures etc.
Education & Training
- MBBS All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India, 1999.
- MS (General Surgery) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India, 2002.
- M.Ch (Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India, 2005