Dr Nandkumar Sundaram,Chennai, Chennai
- Designation : Senior Consultant : Bone & Joint (Orthopaedics)
- Qualifications: MBBS,MS
- Experience: 38 Years
- Speciality: Bone,Joint,Bilateral Hip Replacement,Knee Replacement,Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction ACL,Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction PCL,Shoulder Arthroscopy,Hip Resurfacing
- Category: Orthopaedic
- Hospital :Fortis Hospital, Malar
- Location : Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Dr Nandkumar Sundaram, the most renowned orthopaedic surgeon, with extensive experience of more than three decades of his field, is currently as a Sr Consultant, Senior Consultant, Bone & Joint (Orthopaedics) at Fortis Hospital, Malar. Dr Sundaram has successfully performed more than 15000 knee and hips replacement surgeries. He pioneered the art of total shoulder replacement surgery first in the country.
- Orthopaedics Surgery
- Bone Surgery
- Joint Surgery
List of Awards
- He was awarded the “Best Doctor Award” by the Govt. of Tamilnadu in 2011.
- He also received award for Adjunct Professor from MGR University, Tamilnadu.
- Indian Arthroplasty Association Awards and Accolades.
- Awarded the al-sati gold medal for outstanding performance –London.
- He was also awarded honorary adjunct professor- Dr MGR medical university in 2011.
- He was recognised as an instructor and guide by the national board of examinations, mci and was involved in training two students every year for the award of the degree of dip. National board exams at Tamilnadu hospital for 8 yrs.
- Examiner for D.N.B orthopaedics held in bone and joint hospital, Chennai-for fellowship in joint replacement.
- Examiner for PhD examinations of the sastras university, Tanjore 2013.
- Dr Nandkumar Sundaram, the renowned orthopaedic surgeon, has been successfully performing joint replacement surgeries in the country for the past three decades.
- He has successfully performed more than 15000 knee and hip replacement surgeries till date.
- He pioneered the art of total shoulder replacement surgery first in the country.
- He with likeminded people started Tamilnad Hospital in 1992 where he was the head of the department and Senior Consultant in Trauma.
- Performed all orthopaedic trauma surgeries, total hip arthroplasties, total knee arthroplasties, total shoulder arthroplasties, arthroscopy of knee and ACL reconstruction.
- Did extensive work in the field of hand surgery, especially in rehabilitation of the hand in industrial accidents
Education & Training
- MS (ORTHO)