Dr. Pawan Rawal, Gurugram, Gurgaon
- Designation : HOD - Gastroenterology
- Qualifications: MBBS,MD
- Experience: 13 Years
- Speciality: Digestive & Hepatobiliary Sciences,Stomach Disease,Intestine Disease,Liver Disease
- Category: Gastroenterology
- Hospital :Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- Location : Gurgaon, Haryana
Dr Pawan Rawal is a leading gastroenterologist, he is presently appointed as the Head Gastroenterologist with Artemis Hospital, Gurugram. He has over 13 years of expertise in luminal, hepatic, pancreatic, biliary and systemic diseases. He has performed several adults and paediatric upper G I endoscopies/ colonoscopies, ERCPs, capsule endoscopies, push and double-balloon enterocoelous. He received the Young Investigator Award at the Asian Pan-Pacific Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition congress and has been Winner of various quiz, awards in oral and poster research papers sessions in both international and national conferences.
- Stomach, Intestine, Liver and Pancreaticobiliary diseases.
- Management of acidity, ulcers, GI bleeding, constipation.
- IBS and reflux.
- Therapeutic endoscopy and ERCP.
- Endoscopic management of obesity (balloon placement).
- Endoscopic ultrasound, All food allergies and Celiac disease (wheat allergy).
- Chronic Hepatitis B and C, Fatty liver.
- Alcohol induced liver damage/cirrhosis, Gastro, Biliary, pancreatic and Liver cancers.
- Anorectal diseases like piles and fissures.
- Paediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology
List of Awards
- Distinction in Medicine in MBBS.
- Winner of various quiz, awards in oral and poster research papers sessions in both international and national conferences.
- Young Investigator Award at the Asian Pan Pacific Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition congress (APPSPGHAN 2009) at Seoul, Korea in September 2009.
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG) Fellowship to present paper at World Congress of Gastroenterology “Gastro 2009” at London in Nov 2009.
- He has particular interest in teaching and is involved in teaching DM fellows, postgraduate students, nursing staff and other paramedical personnel.
- He has been the guest faculty at various prestigious meeting in India.
- Dr Pawan Rawal finished his medical school from Pt BDS PGIMS Rohtak and DM in Gastroenterology and Hepatology from prestigious Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
- After DM he continued to work in the same institute for next few years and gained proficiency in clinical Gastroenterology, Hepatology and in its application to patient care.
- With experience of more than 12 years in this field, he is well versed with the management of all kind of luminal, hepatic, pancreatic, biliary and systemic diseases.
- He has undergone extensive training in both non-invasive and invasive Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- He has performed several adult and paediatric upper G I endoscopies/ colonoscopies, ERCPs, capsule endoscopies, push and double balloon enterocoeles.
- He is quite experienced in performing all kind of therapeutic procedures like variceal banding and sclerophyll, balloon and bougie dilatation, glue injection for fundal varices, endoscopic management of ulcers/bleeding, polypectomy, argon plasma coagulation, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomies (PEG), enteral (nasus- jejunal) tube placement, manometry and all kind of therapeutic biliary and pancreatic ERCP and EUS.
Education & Training
- Post Graduate Programs- MD, DM (Gastroenterology) (PGI Chandigarh).
- Graduate Programs- MBBS (PGIMS Rohtak).